Is this normal?

Is this normal?

Help. I had a bad renter who threw a party at my rental with over 16 people, and made a mess out of my rental. I contacted air bnb to request help with damages on Sunday. They took down my information and said I’d be contacted back. It’s Tuesday and I have heard a thing. Is this normal??

should I have been contacted back by now??

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Amy2320 Yes this does seem normal for Airbnb. What are you actually expecting them to do? If there was damage you need to raise a claim. If not then just move on and hope Airbnb don't suspend your listing  as it had a party in it (sadly they have done this to others)

Hummm okay. I am pretty new at this.

I guess I’m trying to figure out if I’m handling the situation correctly too.

Thanks for your input. It was helpful 

@Amy2320   Have you already initiated your damage claim in the resolutions center? https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/279/host-damage-protection

Andrew thank you so much. I just did.

i appreciate the help.
Amy

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh no @Amy2320, I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to your home. I will pass this on to the team ASAP!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Amy2320 

The best way to prevent parties is 

a) to vet guests carefully, don't accept short stays of one nights, query bookings from locals, only use IB for guests with positive reviews 

b) have CCTV at your place and make it clear on your listing that it is there

c) monitor CCTV during arrival /in the evening to make sure on those on the booking are staying

d) if someone attempts to have a party contact the lead guest and tell them if they don't remove party equipment/anyone not on the booking their booking will be cancelled

e) you or your co-host need to go down in person to ensure anyone not on the booking leaves.