[Jenny] Holiday time! A quick update (and a question!) from me…

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

[Jenny] Holiday time! A quick update (and a question!) from me…

Jenny_0-1686149337254.png

Hello everyone!

Just a quick update from me, to let you know that I’ll be out of the office between 8th and 14th June, for an early summer holiday.  I’ll be staying in a caravan a little further north in Scotland, for some sea air, and some lovely coastal walks.  The photo above is from the campsite a few years ago, and my Dad took it with a 1930 box brownie camera (hence the black edges on the image)!

If you need any help, please contact @Paula, @Sybe,  @Quincy or @Bhumika, and if you’ve tagged or messaged me about something non-urgent, I’ll get back to you when I return to the office.

I wanted to take the chance to ask you a question too!  

I’d love to know if anyone’s got a summer holiday planned this year.  Are you staying at an Airbnb?  

Feel free to share your summer holiday plans in the replies, and I’ll look forward to reading all about them when I return.

Take care!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

6 Replies 6

@Jenny 

What a treat! Enjoy the vacation and the location!

Kitty

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @Kitty-and-Creek0 - it was a treat indeed!

I'll pop some photos of my adventures in this discussion later on.  

I feel refreshed and renewed after some vitamin sea!

Jenny

-----

HI @Jenny,  How was your vacation? Though I couldn't go out on holiday this summer, will suffice that on Christmas. Planning a Short Mexico trip. Kinda excited about it

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Jenny Enjoy your time out and I hope the weather holds out with sunshine. Is your fitbit on for tracking your steps and your phone for photos?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Laurelle3 

Thanks so much for the kind wishes!

The weather did hold out until the morning that I left, so I didn't feel too sad about heading home when it was raining.  I went to see my parents on the way home, and the weather in their town was very hot compared to where I was staying, so I did get one last crack at the sunshine!

It looks like I did around 20,000 steps a day on average, which is pretty good for some as sedentary as me!  I even clambered over some rocks and hilly bits to find a "secret" beach.  

I have some lovely photos which I'll share in this thread later on, I'll tag you in case you're interested in seeing them!

Hope everything's good with you?

Jenny

-----

I have been researching about Mexico for a couple of days now. Kinda fixed my whole journey Route from Cancun to Mexico City.  I have few questions in mind.

1.  First is related to the best time to visit Mexico. I have gone through some article online like this one https://www.travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/best-time-to-visit-mexico they are saying for particular things a particular time is best. https://gowithguide.com/blog/mexico-tourism-statistics-2023-5248 and this one saying in general best time to visit there. Now I am confused between this whole timing thing. If anyone went there before, I would love to hear your opinion. 

2. I don't know the slightest bit of Spanish. My native Language is English. Will I face difficulties exploring the country?  

3. Is Airbnb the cheapest option to stay?  I would like to minimise my spending on stay and spend more on exploring.  Hotel prices are pretty high there.