Looking for a mentor!

Answered!
Ashley1038
Level 1
Matthews, NC

Looking for a mentor!

Hi! I am a new Airbnb host (just listed our house in Lake Lure, NC) and looking to sign up to get an experienced mentor! I understand this is a new program. Does anyone know how I can get signed up? Thanks so much!

1 Best Answer
Lauren2648
Level 2
Austin, TX

I'm an Airbnb Superhost and coach always willing to share my hosting tips and tricks to help other aspiring Airbnb host achieving Superhost status in only a few short months and receive 5-Star reviews after every guests -- it's really NOT that difficult! 

You can book a 1:1 coaching call with me AND/OR sign up for an Airbnb listing audit as well --  I will review your entire listing and make new suggestions for the title, description, pictures, and so much more. With my help you'll get booked in no time!

Here are the links to my Fiverr Gigs:

Airbnb Audit: **

Airbnb Coaching:**

Airbnb Message Templates:**

Too book and coaching all or Airbnb Audit,  please visit ** or feel free to email me at **

Thanks and Happy Hosting 🙂

**[Link removed due to safety reasons (advertising) - Community Center Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

25 Replies 25
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Never heard of this @Ashley1038  can you provide a link to where on Airbnb’s website it talks about this? 

An alternative is to post on a local host group for your area and ask for recommendations for an experienced co-host who you pay a fee to, to help you set up your listing and find your way around the site. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Helen3,

I just did a Google search, and here is the link:  https://www.airbnb.com/mentors.

@Ashley1038 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

Hi @Ashley1038   I have rental properties outside of Asheville NC and have been renting for more than 15 years.  I wish you success with your endeavor.  Just a few observations about your listing:  you need either professional pictures or better pictures. Look at your competition to see how to take pictures or what pictures you should include.  What does your kitchen look like?  Do you have enough table seating for the number of guests you are hosting?  Also, are you expecting adults to sleep in the bunk beds?  Is the one bath an en suite for the Master and the other a hall bath shared by the remaining guests?  How does your nightly rate compare to rentals of a similar size?   Have you and your housekeeper done a test run on the cleaning to see if you are allowing enough time between guests and paying her a living wage?  My 2400 sf home with 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths was a 6 hour clean prior to Covid, and expenses for housekeeping and yard maintenance ran $250 per rental.

On the legal front:  Have you checked with Rutherford County as to how many persons you may host if you have 4 bedrooms and 2 baths?  Most NC counties allow 2 persons per bedroom.  Are you on a septic system that may also limit your occupancy?  Have you reviewed the NC State laws for vacation rentals?  Have you registered for a tax ID and have you learned how to file your monthly and quarterly income reports?  Do you have an attorney approved rental agreement to have your guests sign?  

Overwhelming, isn't it?  Barring finding a mentor on this platform, you may want to talk to a real estate professional in the vacation rental business and have them evaluate your home.  Listen to them... you don't have to hire them.

Hey there! My name is Susan I’m also looking for an Airbnb mentor! I’m so happy to be involved in a local group to exchange ideas as well as help with supporting the community and each other! Please let me know if there are any other Lake Lure and surrounding area community links that are good to link up! My husband and I just purchased a lakefront home and Rumbling Bald Resort and we are trying to figure out nightly price since we have all resort amenities and I'm not sure my wording is okay in the home info as well as resort Description. We are first time property managers with Airbnb so we cannot wait to Netwerk please let me know thank you guys here is our link would love corrective criticism 😎 www.airbnb.com/h/lakefrontlakelurenc

Hi there, I'm in Houston and also looking for a mentor!

Ashley1038
Level 1
Matthews, NC

Thanks for all the feedback! Yes getting more pics this week and once we finish bathroom renovations will hire a professional photographer! I need to look into the other aspects you brought up. Thanks again!

GianMarco21
Level 2
California, United States

Hi @Ashley1038 ,
I've been hosting on Airbnb since 2012 and more recently I started mentoring hosts that just joined the platform. I'd be happy to organize a phone call so that I can understand your pain points and also lay out how I can best help you in this journey.

Hi Gian, 

Hope you’re well! 

I would love to connect with you as I’m looking to get into co hosting. 

what’s the best way to reach you? 

Thank you 

Lauren2648
Level 2
Austin, TX

I'm an Airbnb Superhost and coach always willing to share my hosting tips and tricks to help other aspiring Airbnb host achieving Superhost status in only a few short months and receive 5-Star reviews after every guests -- it's really NOT that difficult! 

You can book a 1:1 coaching call with me AND/OR sign up for an Airbnb listing audit as well --  I will review your entire listing and make new suggestions for the title, description, pictures, and so much more. With my help you'll get booked in no time!

Here are the links to my Fiverr Gigs:

Airbnb Audit: **

Airbnb Coaching:**

Airbnb Message Templates:**

Too book and coaching all or Airbnb Audit,  please visit ** or feel free to email me at **

Thanks and Happy Hosting 🙂

**[Link removed due to safety reasons (advertising) - Community Center Guidelines

Hi Lauren, 

Hope you’re well

My name is Hilda and I’m currently looking to get involved with co-hosting but feel like I need some guidance.

I am looking for a mentor do you offer coaching for this? 

I’m also based in London, UK and would love to co host properties virtually. 

Once I’m trained up I’d love to help people if you know anybody specifically, please do let me know. 

Thank you and I look forward hearing from you. 

@Hilda165  "I’m also based in London, UK and would love to co host properties virtually. "

Most remote hosts need co-hosts to handle boots on the ground stuff- checking guests in, scheduling cleaning and inspecting to make sure it has been done satisfactorily, attending to maintenance issues and issues that might happen during a stay, like having to boot out guests who are throwing a party. 

A remote host may also want the co-host to handle everything, including the online stuff, but often remote hosts handle that part themselves.

In other words, I don't think there is much call for a "co-host" who only handles the virtual part.

Lauren - I need you help please! How to contact you? Thanks!

Lily did you ever get a mentor? I’m looking too.

Hello I am new to Airbnb and I am in desperate need of a mentor. Please teach me I honestly don’t even know where to start I feel like I’m the definition of super rookie right now. Please teach me I’m definitely willing to listen because I know one thing is for sure I have A LOT to learn