My account have been hacked and Airbnb is making me pay!

Cesar709
Level 2
Miami, FL

My account have been hacked and Airbnb is making me pay!

Around July of this year 2022 someone logged into my account changed my payout (bank account info) and my personal information, booked my place using someone else credentials and credit card, then this same person cancelled the booking. Somehow out this transaction a resolution payout was generated for the amount of 5,000 dollars. Btw, all this happened when my place was not even available to rent.

Now airbnb is deducting the 5K from my payouts everytime a guest pays. 

I called Airbnb support, they were aware of the whole situation and told me that someone was going to reachout to me.

A day went by and  no one called me and I did not received any emails either. I called back the next day and this time one of the reps said they were going to escalate the situation, and for sure someone was going to contact me via email.

Well, guess what? no one did therefore, I started to call asking to speak to supervisors but nothing changed, two weeks went by until I finally realized it was pointless to call the main customer service support. 

I went online and looked for any corporate phone numbers but I couldn't find any right ones, I was only able to get these 2 emails ***  and ***  , I emailed them and got a response from the aisling one.

In the email the person said he/she was no longer with the company and that email account was not being actively monitored.

I really hope someone will lead me to the right place or give me a better and more accurate information about this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Here is a partial picture of the 5K

**[E-mail address removed - Community Center Guidelines]

**[Reservation number hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Cesar709 

How can someone  change payout details, as it has a two step security on it (sending an SMS) ?

IF somebody acessed your account, they could have made dates available on the calender of the listing.

The screenshot is removed from your post.

This is the community, only Airbnb can help you.

Maybe try Twitter (account: AIrbnbHelp)