New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

842784117294841216_A007C008_230907_A4PC_FINAL.jpg

We’re thrilled to have you on board as part of our vibrant Hosting community 🎉

Embarking on a Hosting journey is an exciting experience for new Hosts. As you prepare to welcome your first guests into your homes and create new experiences, a range of emotions and expectations emerge. 

How do you feel about opening your doors to guests for the first time, and what are you most excited to learn or improve upon during your Hosting journey? 🤩

We’re here to support you every step of the way with resources, guidance and a community of experienced Hosts. Tell us what kind of support you’re looking for and what goals you’re aiming to achieve as a new Host. 👇 

Looking forward to seeing your replies, 

Rebecca 🦋 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

83 Replies 83
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Laurence1317 👋

Sounds like you've got off to a good start with good boundaries! 😊

We hope you find everything you need to thrive in your hosting journey. Whether you're looking for advice, seeking answers to your questions, or simply want to connect with fellow hosts, this is the perfect place for it.

-----

Mario-Antonio3
Level 1
Porto Belo, Brazil

Hola Rebeca, gracias por está atención de preguntarnos cómo estamos, les cuento que el primer mes fue bueno, activo y lindo para nosotros y nuestros huéspedes que quedaron conformes con el lugar y su entorno . Lo que nos tiene preocupados es que se detuvo la reserva , sabemos que es temporada baja aquí pero teníamos otra espectativa, cualquier consejo es bienvenido.

Saludos a todos en la comunidad..

Translation: Hello Rebeca, thank you for your attention in asking us how we are, I tell you that the first month was good, active and nice for us and our guests who were satisfied with the place and its surroundings. What has us worried is that the reservation was stopped, we know that it is low season here but we had different expectations, any advice is welcome.

Greetings to everyone in the community.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Mario-Antonio3  

Here are a couple of my favorite boards that you might find helpful to ask some more specific question:

Ask about your listing -This is a fantastic board where you can ask other hosts to provide feedback on your listing. It's a great opportunity to get fresh perspectives and make improvements. 

Advice on your space - If you have any questions or need guidance specifically related to your space, this board is perfect for you. Whether it's about amenities, home decor, or even bedding choices, our community is here to assist you.

Feel free to explore these boards and engage in conversations. And if you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you!

-----

Juliana824
Level 2
Guarujá, Brazil

Olá Rebeca muito obrigado pela mensagem de boas vindas, realmente a experiência tem sido desafiadora , esperar as reservas , receber mensagem de hóspedes algo novo e tbm muito gostoso ! Obrigado pelo suporte . Gostaria de receber ficar de como deixar o espaço mais convidativo!  Tenha um excelente dia ❤️

Translation: Hello Rebeca, thank you very much for the welcome message, the experience has really been challenging, waiting for reservations, receiving messages from guests, something new and also very pleasant! Thank you for your support . I would like to hear more about how to make the space more inviting! Have a great day ❤️

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Juliana824 👋

Here are a couple of my favorite boards that you might find helpful to ask some more specific question:

Ask about your listing -This is a fantastic board where you can ask other hosts to provide feedback on your listing. It's a great opportunity to get fresh perspectives and make improvements. 

Advice on your space - If you have any questions or need guidance specifically related to your space, this board is perfect for you. Whether it's about amenities, home decor, or even bedding choices, our community is here to assist you.

Feel free to explore these boards and engage in conversations. And if you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you!

-----

Anil755
Level 2
Dehradun, India

Hi Rebecca - Thank you for the warm welcome!

I'm excited to begin my Hosting journey. Opening my doors to guests is both thrilling and a bit nerve-wracking, but I look forward to creating memorable experiences for them. I'm eager to learn best practices for making my space inviting and improving my skills in managing bookings and guest communication. Support with setting up my listing, hospitality tips, and advice from experienced Hosts would be invaluable.

Thanks again for your support!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Anil755 👋

It's great to have you here with us on the Community Center! 🎉

Have you had any bookings yet? 

Wishing you the best of luck! 🍀

-----

Krisztina27
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Good morning and thank you for the message. I am super excited to finally join the Airbnb community. We actually have our 1st guests arriving tonight. I’m a little nervous since our home is in a different state than our Airbnb. I would love to be there so I can meet new people and do my little personalized treats and touches for every guest. It’s something I enjoy very much. Hopefully all goes well. ❤️ 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Krisztina27 👋

Congratulations 🎉

You'll have to come back and let us know how it all goes with your very first guest! 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon! 😊

-----

Thank you Rebecca. It actually all went well. It was a relief. The guests were super quiet, low maintenance and left the place spotless. Also in their message to me they expressed having great time and being happy with everything but I can’t get them to write a review online. I sent them a message yesterday asking them to please leave a review but still nothing… so idk what else to do. 😭

I have a couple weeks in June and July that will be busy and I’m a little nervous about that now. lol 

Maria20905
Level 2
Ermoupoli, Greece

Hello Rebecca!

Thank you for your welcome message.

I am  full of enthousiasm as a new host and that I have the chance to join this community.

I had my first guests few days before and everything was great! My first review was my best reward for me. Until now I have other 4 reservation for the summer season and I cannot wait to welcome my guests and to make them feel like home. The name of my property is "La Bella Pietra" and I am looking forward to welcoming you at the beautiful island of Syros at Greece. 

Thank you so much and I wish good luck to all the host of the community!

Sincerelly,

Maria Antoniou

Hola Rebecca,  muchas gracias por el mensaje de bienvenida como nueva anfitriona. Este mes las reservas se han movido un poco más, aunque seguimos en temporada baja en Putumayo. Igual, sigo preparándome día a día para brindar un mejor servicio a los huéspedes y garantizar las condiciones para que tengan una estancia que llene sus expectativas. Cualquier tip para obtener mayor ocupación o mejora de la visibilidad en la plataforma, es bienvenido. Muchas gracias

Translation: Hi Rebecca, thank you very much for the welcome message as a new host. This month reservations have moved a little more, although we are still in low season in Putumayo. Likewise, I continue to prepare every day to provide better service to guests and guarantee the conditions so that they have a stay that meets their expectations. Any tips to obtain greater occupancy or improve visibility on the platform are welcome. Thank you so much

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Irma-Maria0 👋

It's great to have you here and we're wishing you all the luck with your future bookings! 🍀

-----

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Maria20905 👋

Thank you for your message and congratulations on becoming a new host! It's wonderful to hear that your first guests had a great experience and left a positive review. That's definitely a rewarding moment for any host. 🎉

It's also fantastic that you already have four reservations for the summer season. I'm sure your guests will have a fantastic time at "La Bella Pietra" on the beautiful island of Syros in Greece. 

We wish you the best of luck with your hosting journey 🍀

-----

Jeanette387
Level 1
Sequim, WA

Hi Rebecca

Thank you for asking! All is well so far. I had the same guest for my first 3 weekends hosting 😀

She was the best kind of guest so that helped a lot.

I do have a question. I am using lightweight blankets on the beds for summer. There is a top sheet and a quilt sandwiching the blanket. Do you all wash the blanket every time the bed is used?

Thank you. I am very happy to have started airbnbing this has been a goal/dream for many years 😃

Jeanette