New categories - where is: 'house' & 'apartment'?

Ann32229
Level 2
Driffield, United Kingdom

New categories - where is: 'house' & 'apartment'?

It seems that guests are being prompted to look in categories prior to making a booking, and those of us who have houses and apartments are being left out. Social media is full of posts from disgruntled hosts who are losing out on bookings now.

Why can't 'houses' and 'apartments' be added as categories? Was this not considered when the categories were created, or have I missed something? It's common sense to me that if you want to book a house, you look for a house category. There are 'tiny' houses, and 'houseboats' but not 'houses'.

Also, why not put the categories in alphabetical order so that they are easier to locate?

How can we get this message to those that influence change?
2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ann32229 

All listings are on category "all homes".

Your listing is also in category "National parks"

Ann32229
Level 2
Driffield, United Kingdom

@Emil8 Thank you so much for letting me know that I am in 'National parks'. That's very interesting, considering we are not in a national park! The algorithms must have picked it up from something I've written in the description. 

I notice that there isn't a category for 'all homes' when I first view the Airbnb site, but there is when I click on 'National Parks' to find my home.

Is there any way of getting Airbnb to add 'all homes' to the categories that a person first sees when they want to make a booking?

Thank you.