New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,879 Replies 1,879
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Raman98 ๐Ÿ˜Šhow are you finding it living in Dubai? I visited many years ago and loved it! I wouldn't mind moving there either! ๐Ÿ˜… How is your hosting journey going so far?

-----

Hello AirBnB community,

I am so happy to join you, share our experiences and learn from each other.

My name is Ruth **[Personal details removed - Community Center Guidelines]** , I am from Mexico, now living in the USA for 24 years. I live in Atlanta, Georgia and my home town is Sugar Hill, GA. 45 minutes north of downtown Atlanta.

I started this journey as a Host in October 2022 and I love it!!

My passions are interior decoration, painting, creating, traveling and discovering new cafes and cozy places to enjoy with my loved ones.

My experience has been beautiful, all my guests have been so nice and respectful and I love to make them feel at home, offering more than what they expect, so they have a great experience and beautiful memories when they are gone.

My place is surrounded by nature and tranquility and there are many great things to do like hiking, paddle boarding, sightseeing, boat rafting, tubing and wine tasting in many of the wineries around.

The lake and the river are only 5 minutes from my house.

To my surprise, I discovered that the majority of my guests are coming to visit family or friends so they do not end up actually being in the house as much.

I look forward to learning new ideas from all of you, and share my property with all travel lovers.

Warren-And-Tash0
Level 2
Mtunzini, South Africa

Hi, We're Warren and Tash. We are in South Africa, and new to AirBnb. We have a listing on the North coast of KwaZulu Natal. Hot summers and cool winters. Our place is perfectly suited for those looking for a coastal getaway with wildlife parks, birdwatching, shopping malls and even a chilled day on the beach or estuary. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Warren-And-Tash0,  

Thank you so much for sharing your presentation with us.

I've noticed you've already started a new conversation in our community ๐Ÿ™‚ Here are a few more tips to help you keep interacting in our forum.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Elisabeta4
Level 2
Piatra Neamศ›, Romania

Hello, I'm Elisabeth from Romania - a  beautiful eastern Europe country. I have a nice TinyHouse listed on AirBnb, in Piatra Neamt, a special town in the North East region of Romania. I love people, architecture and design, cultural heritage, slow traveling and connecting communities. I'm here to explore diversity, to receive and share thoughts and experiences. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Elisabeta4, thanks for sharing your presentation with us. 

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Dillon70
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi there, 

Iโ€™m Dillon Jearey from Cape Town, South Africa. Iโ€™ve been a host for 7 years. 
Iโ€™ve joined this community to see if I am missing any tips and tricks and also to share my experiences.

looking forward to get to know everyone.

cheers 

dillon

**[Link removed/Identifiable information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines for safety/privacy reasons]

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Dillon70, welcome to our Community, and thank you for sharing your presentation with us.

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from our Hosts, I suggest starting a new conversation here.

-----

Natalia1571
Level 1
Wrocล‚aw, Poland

Hi everyone. My name is Nat, I am half Polish and Half Canadian. Lived most of my life in Canada (and 15 years at sea as a merchant marine) and I now live in Poland where I have just listed my first airbnb.  Super Excited to be here!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Natalia1571

Thank you so much for sharing your presentation. I moved to Canada, specifically to British Columbia, two years ago, and I am loving it here.

Congratulations on starting your journey as an Airbnb Host. As a new host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a โญ new conversation here, asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

All the best,

-----

Joanna818
Level 2
Preston, United Kingdom

Hey Iโ€™m Jo Iโ€™m British but our str is in Texas as my youngest is a wheelchair athlete and WCMX World Champion so the house is our winter training base and we rent it out the rest of the year 

IMG_0286.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Joanna818, This is incredibly inspiring. Thank you very much for sharing this with our community ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Bo126
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hello everyone. I have been living in Toronto for over 20 years. I work as a financial analyst, and I originally come from China. I enjoy food, dancing, and growing vegetables in my backyard. Recently, I started hosting on Airbnb just three days ago. I'm eager to learn from all of you and am looking forward to welcoming my first guest soon. 

[Post merged by Community Manager to keep relevant and similar discussions in one place]

Thank you !!!!!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Bo126 A very warm welcome to the Community Center ๐Ÿ˜! Many congratulations on starting your Airbnb journey as a Host ๐ŸŽ‰

Our Community Center is a fantastic place filled with experienced Hosts and supportive Community members. Hope you find this space useful! Please stay connected, ask questions, and share your experiences with fellow Hosts by starting new conversations ๐Ÿ˜„ . Wishing you all the very bestโ€Œ๐Ÿ˜โ€Œ.

On a side note, how is the Canadian weather treating you? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Haha, Its going to be a bit windy and cloudy today and tomorrow for us I guess ๐ŸŒง๐Ÿ˜.

-----