New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,882 Replies 1,882

Hi Bhumika, 

Thank you for your message.  I'm new to airbnb and still  struggling with reading the messages on my desktop and cell phone back and forth.  Sorry for reaponding you late.  I got two new guests who will stay only one night in April and May.  I'm excited to  host them  and at the same time I'm nervous.

The weather in Toronto was horrible a couple of days ago but it's getting much better today.  Hopefully the spring is coming soonner so I can grow my vegetables at backyard.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Bo126 ! How did it go with the first guest? 😍 Are you still awaiting their stay? Please keep us posted on your experiences and learnings 😉

We would love to see your backyard photos in Spring.  Which vegetables do you usually grow? 

-----

Hi @Bhumika , my first guest will come on april 25. I'm excited about it. 

I grow tomato, eggplant, winter melon, hot pepper,  califlower,  garlic, beans, etc.  I will show some pictures when it's time.

Angela3924
Level 2
Nairobi, Kenya

Hi everyone. I am Angela from Nairobi Kenya. I have always wanted an opportunity to interact with people from different places. I am glad to have a space to do that.

I currently have my first listing in Nairobi and am looking forward on learning from all of you.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Greetings from the UK!  🇬🇧 @Angela3924 this is exactly what this space is for 😀

I hope you share your experiences with the wider community, If you have any questions
feel free to start a conversation here 💬

-----

Hello all and thank you for the warm welcome, I am from Iceland, but I live currently in Switzerland.  I'm hosting for the first time and my beautiful house is located on a peninsula, jutting out from the west coast of Iceland, called Snæfellsnes.  The house is sitting at the edge of an old lava field and has amazing long views down towards the ocean. This is where I'm born and bred, on this old sheep farm, which we have now changed into a horse farm for our Icelandic horses.  I look forward being a part of this community !

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ingibjörg4, I have travelled to Iceland many many years ago, it was a very short trip but the impression it has left me was astounding. Local people are so friendly and always happy to help, the various landscapes are breathtaking. I really do hope to visit in the summer time. I love how your listing is in the same area as your childhood home, how sentimental! 💖 

-----

Jhon242
Level 2
Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia

Hello everyone!

My name is Jhon Salguero, I'm a software developer by profession and born and raised in the beautiful country of Bolivia. I'm delighted to be part of this community.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the CC! @Jhon242 🎉

Glad to have you here, I hope you share your experiences with the wider community 😊

-----

Assala1
Level 2
Tangier, Morocco

Hello,

Thank you for the warm welcome 

My name is Assala and I'm proud to host guests in Morocco. 

I look forward to connecting with fellow Superhosts and learning from their experiences. Here's to continued success and creating unforgettable moments for our guests!

BE very welcoming! I provide small gift & homemade bread!

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Assala1 🎉 love your enthusiasm! 

How is hosting so far? 😊

-----

Jodie191
Level 2
Perth, Australia

Hi Bhumika and community managers, so great to meet you all here in this space! I’m new only 11 months on this platform and was quite nervous about it at first but now I’ve fully embraced Airbnb hosting! In Perth, WA, Aussie and love the weather here. Travelling has been in my veins since I was 4 years old and I haven’t stopped 47 years later 🤣😂😁🫶🏻 happy weekend to all! Meet my baby boy Brian my ❤️🐎 I’m loving the community space and feel so blessed to be a part of it, thank you!

D56E7A20-B81E-4B11-B663-E857F230E978.jpeg

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Jodie191 your energy and passion is awesome! 😎 I love travelling, I just wish I could do it full time without having to work 😂 I hope you're enjoying hosting so far! Brian is gorgeous, he looks so majestic 😍 

-----

Hey there, sure thing. Hosting has - & + can’t complain. Yes my boy is beautiful he’s Arabian, such a stunner ❤️🫶🏻🥰. Thx for sharing, have a great weekend x