New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,885 Replies 1,885
Dana1507
Level 2
Brunswick, OH

Hi everyone! I live in Ohio and recently purchased a condo in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina that we are trying our best with as our first Airbnb property. This is where we vacationed our entire life and where we plan to retire. In the meantime we wanted to provide an amazing space for others to make memories!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there Dana ๐Ÿ‘‹

A huge welcome to the Community Center and congratulations on your recent purchase! ๐ŸŽ‰

You'll find lots of boards here to get advice from seasoned Hosts so please don't be afraid to put yourself out there and ask questions. You can search in the top ๐Ÿ”Ž search bar for answers to other Hosts questions too! 

It's great to have you here and we hope to see you around more and follow your Airbnb journey! ๐Ÿ˜

-----

Orel403
Level 2
Miami, FL

Hi, I'm Orel. I am glad to be part of this community. I'm looking to improve my abilities as a host and get the best feedback and advice from you guys; thank you

Melody282
Level 1
Buckeye, AZ

Hello fellow airbnb host. I host two rooms in my house located outside Phoenix Arizona, USA. I have a local nuclear power plant near me and get several guest in town for work. I have met so many great hard working people from all over. Itโ€™s been a great experience!

Cheers to living your best life!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Melody282, it is absolutely great to have you here.

I would like to invite you to share some tips with our wonderful community by starting a ๐Ÿ‘‰New conversation here.

I am sure your expertise will greatly benefit many new Hosts ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Farhan62
Level 1
Bandung, Indonesia

Hi All, call me Ahen. I'm a true Bandung person. I'm a sport lover, love travelling, love nature, love art, but I still love technology. If you come around Bandung and Cianjur, West Java, Indonesia, you can come and  greet me.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello Ahen, thanks for sharing your presentation with us. 

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted

@Farhan62 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Megan1314
Level 2
Alexandria, VA

Thank you for inviting me to this community with such a warm greeting! I became a host in 2020 and quickly fell in love with Airbnb, and have enjoyed providing hospitality service to my local community near D.C.!

Very best,

Megan

MM
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Megan1314 ๐Ÿ‘‹

it's fantastic to have you here on the Community Center! ๐ŸŽ‰ 

I bet you've got a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with other Hosts and I can't wait to see the value that you bring. ๐Ÿ˜Š

See you around! ๐Ÿ˜

-----

Anne14531
Level 2
Ena, Japan

Hey everyone,

I'm Anne, originally from Switzerland but now living in Japan. I speak French, English and Japanese. I've been a Co-Host on Airbnb for less than a year, but I've been using the platform as a guest for over a decade. When I'm not hosting, I'm busy with my main job in filmmaking. Nature, hiking, and cinema are my passions.

My husband and I own Nunome-ya, an inn in the Japanese Alps, situated in the castle town of Iwamura. This town is famous for its sake and for being featured in a TV drama and a movie.

Right now, we're working on turning our place into a zero-waste haven and a creative space. We often have artists staying with us, and we're excited to soon offer an artist residency in a renovated building in our garden.

Though our journey with Airbnb has had its challenges, we're here seeking support and advice. Let's connect and make our hosting experience even better together!

Cheers,

Anne

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anne14531 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Japan is on my bucket list of places to visit! I also love that you're looking into zero-waste, love nature and hiking.

I think you'd be interested in our online Festival of Sustainability where we've got a great line up of like-minded Hosts who have wrote about their sustainability journey. There's still time to get involved if you'd like to submit some pictures to the community collage.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ You can find all the info on the link above. We'd love to have you take part! 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

Rebecca ๐ŸŒฟ

-----

Kamilla24
Level 2
Valencia, Spain

Hello all,

My name is Kamilla, originally from the Netherlands.
After having lived and worked as a visual artist in 6 countries, I decided to settle down in beautiful Valencia Spain.

I love Airbnb!

Warm greetings, 
Kamilla and Pluto (my Dalmata puppy)๐Ÿพ

Pluto welcomes visitorsPluto welcomes visitors

Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

Olรก Kamilla e plutรฃo seja bem vindos๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Hola Loni, Obrigado, muito gentil.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

@Kamilla24 I am loving Pluto! How old is he? Thanks so much for sharing this lovely picture ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ’•

-----