New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,903 Replies 1,903
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Karlis3, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center! We're very happy to have you here ๐Ÿ˜Š

Since you've recently joined the community and I see you've already helped some Hosts, I'd like to thank you for that and ask if you're okay with me tagging you in some discussions to get your opinion โœŒ๏ธ

Our community is the perfect place to exchange experiences and advice, and we highly value the experience of our Hosts.

Best regards.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Karlis3
Level 3
Grรผt, Switzerland

Hi @Paula,
Thanks for reaching out. That is nice to hear. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Yes, feel free to tag me where you feel my opinion could be relevant.

Thank you and all the best,
Karlis

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Great @Karlis3! Thank you so much ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Vee455
Level 2
Port Edward, South Africa

Hi. I am Vee from South Africa.  I offer pet friendly, beachfront accommodation on the lower south coast of Kwa-Zulu Natal and Wild Coast. My husband and I semi retired in 2022 and left the hectic lifestyle of Johannesburg to settle in this quiet, peaceful region.

We enjoy long walks on the beach with our Border Collie. You will often find us on the beach with bags picking up plastic and other rubbish that get washed up on the beach. I am also an avid reader and keen gardener. We love entertaining and meeting new people. I am Indian and my husband is German and we've been married for 31 years. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Vee455 ๐Ÿ‘‹

It's great to meet you and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It sounds so perfect and great to escape the chaos! I too have a border collie and live near the beach so I fully understand how important it is to protect our beaches and seas, so a huge well done to you for taking that initiative! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

This week we're celebrating with the online Festival of Sustainability that I'm sure you'd love to have a look at! 

Happy Earth Day! ๐ŸŒ

-----

Angela3950
Level 1
Launceston, Australia

Hi all you beautiful Air BNB Hosts. 

I am from Launceston Tasmania, we are in a very beautiful part of the world, our city is built around the Cataract Gorge which is absolutely stunning. I have been hosting 2 and half years and love it. I have now started an Air BNB Linen service also as I found as a host this was a big part of the work load that was hard to outsource where you can find quality linen and a quality service. I truly love Hosting. I love bike riding, road or mountain bikes, love family time and love learning more about property and property investments.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Angela3950 ๐ŸŽ‰

It's great to have you here! We can't wait to see the valuable information you share with other Hosts! 

See you around! ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Hello everyone Iโ€™m Cassandra I joined Airbnb 05/23/2022,I am meeting all these really nice people from all walks of life,Brooklyn NY my experience have been the best I love to cook,read,travel,spending time with my children and grandchildren they bring me so much joy.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Cassandra362, it is absolutely great to have you here.

I would like to invite you to share some tips with our wonderful community by starting a ๐Ÿ‘‰New conversation here.

I am sure your expertise will greatly benefit many new Hosts ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Akbar-Kudusovich0
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi everyone,

My name is Akbar, I Live in Dubai, UAE ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช but originally Iโ€™m from Kyrgyz Republic ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฌ I was born in 26 May 1990s So happy to see you all here and let me know if anything I can help you with, fell free to contact me anytime. By the way, I do YouTube videos that kind of passion Is making me feel happy in my life!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Akbar-Kudusovich0, thanks for sharing your presentation with us ๐Ÿ˜Š

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted

-----

Adi-Situmorang0
Level 1
Kuta Utara, Indonesia

Hi Everyone, My name is Adi Situmorang. I'm living in Bali, Indonesia. I'm an Airbnb Host about 4 years now and  still learning. I'm travelling 6 months abroad every year and 6 months in Indonesia. If anyone of you want to come to Bali please feel free to contact me.

Thank you

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Adi-Situmorang0, thanks so much for your presentation.

In our community, there's a fantastic board titled ๐Ÿ‘‰Ask About Your Listing, where both new and experienced Hosts come together to share tips on enhancing their listings through ๐Ÿ‘‰Critique My Listing threads. Would you be interested in joining this initiative?

All the best,

-----

Thomas3794
Level 1
Thousand Oaks, CA

Hi Everyone! My name is Thomas. Iโ€™ve been hosting for a year and I love Airbnb. Iโ€™m an experienced co-host and live in Thousand Oaks, just north of Los Angeles. Much love to you all ๐Ÿ™‚