New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,974 Replies 1,974
Mohamed1179
Level 2
Nabeulโ€Ž, Tunisia

Hello, My name is Mohamed i am from North African Country called Tunisia, Exactly from a coastal peninsula city located in northeastern Side of Tunisia called โ€œNabeulโ€ and its surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea on 3 sides. I have been a host since 2 years now and im very proud to be part of Airbnb Community.

I wish you all a successful year as hosts and may all your guests leave you a 5 stars ๐ŸŒŸ rate for your accommodations.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Mohamed1179 thanks for sharing your presentation with us. 

How has your experience been so far? How is this season shaping up for you? Is it a vibrant or calm hosting period?

Keep us posted

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Vildana5
Level 2
Tirana, Albania

Hello! Im Dana and im from Albania. My apartment is near the sea and its so beautiful and peacefully place. Its in rradhime , Vlora city. Im very happy that im in this community. I will appreciate if u can help me how to grow up because i didnt have booking 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Vildana5, welcome to our Community, and thank you for sharing your presentation with us.

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from our Hosts, I suggest starting a new conversation here.

Looking forward to hearing from you ๐ŸŒป

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Boris160
Level 2
Kyiv, Ukraine

Hi Bhumik! 
And Hello to everybody here.

Was wondering about the concept of Communities. Can I join or form a Ukrainian community to help Airbnb hosts in those difficult times? Is there an option to communicate with Airbnb reps on behalf of a community? 
We have some difficulties as a group and everyone feels powerless in light of some issues hosts canโ€™t deal by themselves. Thought about being a part of such a community or to initiate one. Your thoughts on the matter please ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

good day everyone โ˜€๏ธ

Boris. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Boris160,  I checked to see if there was any Local Hosts Club near you so you can connect to fellow hosts, but unfortunately there isn't ๐Ÿ˜•

However, you can launch your own Local Hosts Club ๐ŸŽ‰ you can bring together fellow hosts in your area to share your experiences, exchange valuable knowledge and get advice ๐Ÿค—

Apply here ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿฝ

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/lead-your-local-host-club-293

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sophia, 

Thank you very much for the reply. Will definitely do that. 
๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

Juan-Sebastian19
Level 2
Medellรญn, Colombia

Hi everybody I'm Juan from Colombia! I would like to learn about your experiences as a Hosts and also help the new ones in whatever I can. Cheers!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hola @Juan-Sebastian19, it's absolutely great to have you here.

I'm Paula, one of the Community Managers, and I'm also from Colombia ๐Ÿ˜Š I would like to invite you to join our Spanish Community Center, where we have many Hosts from Colombia.

I can also help by tagging you in some conversations to get your opinions on different topics. Does this sound good to you? 

Keep me posted โœŒ๏ธ

-----

Hi @Paula! Nice to meet you! Sure I would like to contribute to this community! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Great!! Thank you so much @Juan-Sebastian19 โœŒ๏ธ

-----

Rose422
Level 6
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Bhumika,

So lovely to see a friendly introduction from our fellow hosts across the world. I have started hosting in 2017 and every day has been an exciting journey of learning and growth. I am glad there is more support and resources for new community members now to engage and collaborate.

Welcome! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Rose422 I am very glad to hear that you have been enjoying your hosting journey ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I would like to invite you to share some tips with our wonderful community by starting a ๐Ÿ‘‰New conversation here.

I am sure your expertise will greatly benefit many new Hosts ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Diann493
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

I am Diann from Johannesburg, South Africa. 

I came to the Airbnb community center because I want to improve my listing, as well as connecting with other hosts to share experiences.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Diann493, our community is the perfect place to get advice on how to improve your listing. 

๐Ÿ‘‰Here is a guide on How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center. 

I hope this helps and can't wait to see your critique listing thread.

Regards,

-----