New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,040 Replies 2,040
Jessica3649
Level 1
Hailey, ID

Hi I'm Jess! 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Jessica3649, a big warm welcome! ๐ŸŽ‰

-----

Adrian3563
Level 2
Santiago, Chile

Hello there everyone! Adrian here.

My wife Claudia and I are a Chilean couple and have been on the platform for over a year. Weยดve loved the experience for short term rentals, since both of us have our apartments here.

We would love to learn more.

Greeting from Chile.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello from the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง @Adrian3563,  great to have you here! 

I hope you share your experiences with the wider community ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Kerilee1
Level 2
St. John's, Canada

Hello team,

It has been my pleasure to be a host for seven years. I have hosted in Quebec and now hosting in Newfoundland. I I do like to offer sustainable living for my guests. Paint is low VOC and floors are coated in a water based finish. Cleaning supplies are all eco-friendly and sheets and linens are mostly cotton or bamboo. 
Even shampoo and shower wash are eco-friendly as well as wool dryer balls with essential oil drops.

I enjoy the interactions with guests from all over the world. I speak English and French fluently, and a little bit of Spanish, and found that the surprise when I can converse. 
Itโ€™s great to have a community to share with.

Thanks

Kerilee๐Ÿก

[Post merged by Community Manager to keep relevant  and similar discussions in one place]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kerilee1 , a very warm welcome to our Community ๐Ÿ˜.

It is so great to hear about your sustainable practises as Hosts. We do have a few discussions about sustainability here in our Community where our amazing members have shared their tips about eco-friendly Hosting. I am sharing the link to those discussions here in case you were interested to view them๐Ÿ’šClick here to view discussions.

-----

Hey everyone, I'm Dom, and I rent a property in Lytham St Annes. I'm currently remortaging the property and need a 'Holiday Rental Income Letter' that shows estimated weekly rental income for my property in low, mid, high season. Anyone know where/how to get this?

Hi, my name is Stella. I am thrilled and new in hosting. I live in US. We love to travel as family. I love outdoors hiking, jogging and trying new foods when we travel. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Stella698 ๐ŸŽ‰ I also love trying new foods when travelling โœˆ๏ธ when my husband and I went to Bali for our honeymoon, he would have nasi goreng every day, he even got a t-shirt that says 'I โค๏ธ nasi goreng' ๐Ÿ˜‚

-----

Oh my, Nasi Goreng is almost like Palau in East Africa.  You can't go wrong with that.Full of flavor. I see why your husband love it.

๐Ÿ‘•๐Ÿคฃ

Vianny2
Level 2
Virginia Beach, VA

Aloha!  Iโ€™m Vianny, my mother Ana and I Cohost two listings located at the beach in El Pueblito Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.  I love nature and surfing.  I look forward to connecting with this community.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Vianny2, that's so sweet that you're co-hosting with your mother ๐Ÿ˜Š

hope to see you around! 

-----

Giselle179
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Hi! My name is Giselle. I've been hosting for 2 months. I'm from Dominican Republic, but based in Montreal, Canada. I love cycling, volleyball and watching a lot of sports. I also enjoy travelling, new cultures and food!

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Giselle179, you sound like a very sporty person! I wish I could be half as active as you ๐Ÿ˜…. I also share your love of discovering new foods and learning about different cultures โค๏ธ

-----

Sue2367
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Hey, I'm Sue Godinho. I live in Seattle-WA. I own a cleaning business, mainly serving Airbnb hosts, who make up about 80% of my customers. I'm proud to be part of this community, seeing it grow and succeed year after year."