New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,879 Replies 1,879

Greetings, everyone! I'm Refeekh Peermohammed, originally from Kerala, India, but currently residing in California. I'm relatively new to hosting in Trivandrum, Kerala.  I have a passion for travel and enjoy playing beach volleyball. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Refeekh0 ! Welcome to the Community and it is so great to hear from you😍

How are you managing Hosting in Kerala while residing at California? Do you have a Co-Host or a family member who manages your listing for you?

On a side note, I have been to Kerala and truly it is one of beautiful states I have visited! Such scenic beauty🌴 .

-----

Hi

I’m Watafo, I was born in Mozambique.

city is Nampula but just moment I live in Maputo 

I like travel. I’m in the Community Center for first time thanks for all hosts 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Watafo0 , we are so elated to see you in the Community Center! How is everything working out for your listing?

-----

Everting is good thanks Bhumika

Hello All,

I am Teuta.  I live in Ottawa, Canada. A beautiful city all year round. I have joined a week ago and I see that I have a lot to learn.  I look forward to learn from the community. Looking forward, thank you!

Hello, I am from Indonesia and moved to the US in 2006.  I have been in the Airbnb business since 2020.  I work as an Executive Assistant in Washington, DC. I am fun, helpful, and easygoing.  I like to travel when I can, and have traveled to many countries. I love meeting new people and learning about the cultures on my adventures.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you for your lovely introduction @Sri311 !! We are so glad to see you here in our Community Center!🤗

I am wondering, is it easy to manage guest expectations while you are actively working other than Hosting? How do you often balance both the worlds? Do you have any tips or suggestions for newer Hosts? 😍

-----

Hi Bhumika,

Thanks for your kind words.  I work from home, so I can manage both working and hosting. If I work at the office every day like we used to, it will be hard. Thank God, now we have the flexibility to work remotely.

I think for the new host, take the experience as a learning lesson.  We learn every day to become a better host.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you @Sri311 for the amazing tips and sharing more about how you manage best of both worlds! It is really inspiring and we hope to learn more from you here in the Community Center!

-----

Hello Refeekh! Welcome to the community. It's great to hear about your background and interests. Hosting in Trivandrum sounds like an exciting venture! If you ever need any tips or recommendations for hosting or exploring the area, feel free to ask. Enjoy your time in Kerala and California,

Regards,

https://ehsaasprograme8171.pk/

Adnan111
Level 1
Nicholasville, KY

Hi all. I am Adnan, born in the former country of Yugoslavia and moved to America. I enjoy traveling and studying other cultures. Its always a pleasure to meet people from all parts of the world and learn new and old things. I have been an Airbnb supporter and host for over 6+ years now and can’t wait to see what the next 6yrs will bring 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Love the enthusiasm I could read in your comment @Adnan111 !! I hope the upcoming years are as fulfilling and enriching for you, allowing you to continue exploring and appreciating different cultures through hosting.😍

Is there any specific guest experience, where you felt really glad to have started Hosting?

(Meeting people from different cultures adds so much value and perspectives in one's life!!)

-----

Gwendolyn62
Level 2
Palm Coast, FL

Hi:) I'm Gwendolyn:) My husband and I own property in a remote secluded area in the Osceola National Forest, Florida in the United States.  We have been hosting in that remote area since May 2022.  We just recently listed another property a couple of weeks ago in Palm Coast, Florida, (USA) which is close to the beach (Atlantic Ocean).  We have reached superhost status! Enjoying this new adventure in our life.

We recently listed a house on airbnb that we have had on the market to sell for the last few months.  Since we haven't had any offers and it's just sitting there, we decided to list airbnb that home too!  So, one property is focused on bringing in people who love the forest and riding. The new listing is only a few miles from the beach as well as close to a local ATV park.  Both properties are located in different counties about an hour and a half from each other.  Nothing too fancy on our end, we just market the properties with intentions that people love to get outdoors and explore.  Airbnb has been an interesting shift for me. It wasn't something I intented to start out doing, it sort of just happened.  The learning curve hasn't been too brutal. So far So good!