New to the community

Enrique1313
Level 2
Upland, CA

New to the community

Hello Everyone!

I’m Enrique from Southern California! I’m a Real Estate investor and developer by trade and I grew up in apartment buildings with my single mother who worked as an apartment manager of 200 plus unit complexes all my life. So managing and hosting is second nature for me.

I’ve noticed that AirBNB is more of a hospitality service compared to the traditional property management service. Although I do wish Airbnb had a better background checking process for guests when they create their profiles, I have managed to Host now over a year become a super host for a good period of time only to lose that status when I sold 2 of my properties and had to cancel 3 reservations that had booked out a year in advance. I found out through that process that Airbnb counts that as bad points against us, so be advised that if you host multiple properties that you own and later need to sell one that has bookings, Airbnb will lower any hard earned super host status due to their rules with cancelling reservations.

Otherwise, hosting has allowed my wife and I to supplement our finances to cover living expenses and now I am considering becoming a Co-Host to help other home owners handle the difficult job of hospitality with guests.

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Enrique1313 

Welcome to hosting on Airbnb.  There is actually a process that you would need to take in order to not receive host cancellation policies.  The process does however depend on if the new owner is continuing with short-term rentals or not.  

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi Enrique, I saw your property listing and I'm very pleased with it, can you give me your contact details? I want to know more.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

You can contact CC members through the CC message function, or contact hosts by sending them a message through the listing, @Sarah5913 .