One great thing about my listing is....

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

One great thing about my listing is....

Zalipie.jpg

What is one thing you really love about your listing? What makes it stand out?  How is it different than other Airbnbs in the area? What do YOU think makes it special? 

(This pic is not our listing but one of the native painted cottages in Zalipe, Poland. Each house (and church. And chicken coop.) is decorated with folk art. Its really something to see!)

20 Replies 20
Linda3345
Level 10
Corning, NY

Oh, wow. Now I want to go to Poland and stay in one of those cute cottages!

I think our outdoor setting is our home's best feature. We have a pond and woods. Very private and pretty. Colorful this time of year!   

And while our home isn't fancy or the most modern, people are seeming to find it comfy and homey.  I'm glad they are able to relax in our home.

@Linda3345 yes I absolutely loved the way they were painted! I painted flowers on my screen door as an homage. 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Laura2592 Interesting topic, as always. For me, it’s our location. The house is on the highest point of a large hill and there are spectacular views for miles, from every window. There are sweeping valley and mountain views that can’t be captured in our photos and must be seen to be believed.

@Colleen253 I believe it! Maybe one day we will visit 🙂

@Laura2592 Now THAT would be a treat.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I think the setting, which is tropical junglelike. Guests can sit on the balcony outside their room and watch all sorts of bird life. I also live in a quiet area outside the downtown/beach area, which is packed with tourists and really noisy. So guests can have the best of both worlds- walk 20 minutes down nice rural roads and spend the day at the beach and check out the restaurants and touristy shops, and then come home to a peaceful retreat surrounded by nature.

As far as the listing itself, what I think makes the guest room a bit special is that while it's small in terms of square footage, it has lots of windows (six- one on every wall), plus an outside door my guests usually leave open when they are home, high ceilings, and is an unusual shape, so that makes what could feel like a very small space quite bright and not feel cramped at all.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Laura2592 @Sarah977 @Colleen253 @Linda3345 yep, location, location, location.unnamed.jpg

@Lisa723 Wowza

@Lisa723 I agree it is location location but this picture replaces a thousand words.

The location of your Airbnb and the pictures you use to market your accommodation can be of a benefit to you as future guests do go shopping by pictures, location, price and of where they want to stay and what is offered within the accommodation. They then compare what is in the area.

@Laura2592 what I love about our Airbnb cottage is the small private garden for guests to enjoy and see the birds that come to visit. Hearing the sea at night and morning with the change of tide as the cottage is one street away from the beach. As @Sarah997 says it can be enjoyed by the best of both worlds being close to the tourist area in high season of shops and resturants by an easy 10 minute walk or a 5 minute walk to the beach.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

The views from my guest room.

IMG_20211025_180839282_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20211025_181028275.jpg

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Laura2592, @Sarah977 , @Colleen253 , @Lisa723 , @Linda3345 

Wow to all the pictures.  I'm thinking that this is why we Airbnb our unique stays.😊

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Beautiful topic @Laura2592 

As soon as I saw that photo I knew it was in Europe.

The incredible artworks on the buildings in Austria and Switzerland we saw when we were traveling through Europe on our OE instantly popped up, alas they are never far away.

A friend of ours is stuck in  Belgium with family and they zapped over to Switzerland and sent beautiful photos and a gorgeous video of the goats walking through the village with their bells jingle jangling.

Have you visited Poland?

@Sarah977  and @Lisa723  Do you know what year and who planted the trees?

There's often interesting stories behind plantings.

@Helen427  I planted all the palms in my yard and no one planted the trees and palms in the view- this is the jungle- everything grows on its own from natural reseeding.

Forests and jungles aren't a man-made environment, but humans are unfortunately destroying them.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Laura2592   I am in awe of the beautiful settings shared on this post and what travelers get to experience that might not be available otherwise.  I debated with myself about what to share and must admit to being a bit intimidated what has been posted.  Finally I realized that what is great about my listing is probably great about all of your listings...the host, i.e., me.  Over the years I have sharpened my skills as a host and have been more attuned to what guests are seeking.  I enjoy contemplating what little extra I can add to the expanded continental breakfast I prepare that I think a particular guest might enjoy.  Or I  think of local desert sights that could be of interest.  Or I recommend a specific dining experience that fits their budget and taste buds.  I am not unique, however.