Passport and ID

Answered!

Passport and ID

Is it normal for an Airbnb host in Brazil to ask for copies of both passports and ID cards of each individual staying in the air bnb home? Seems excessive. 

1 Best Answer
Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Kathryn641   In numerous countries it is legal requirement for holiday let owners to register all their guests with the police, one example is Spain.  I am not sure about Brazil but it could be the same and your host is just following legal requirements.  Otherwise some hosts choose to ask for ID for all guests as extra security because they are inviting strangers into their homes.

Hope this helps.

I also replied to the same question you asked in another topic, so sorry if I am repeating myself. 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

there is a lot of fraudulent activity & hacked accounts.

Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Kathryn641   In numerous countries it is legal requirement for holiday let owners to register all their guests with the police, one example is Spain.  I am not sure about Brazil but it could be the same and your host is just following legal requirements.  Otherwise some hosts choose to ask for ID for all guests as extra security because they are inviting strangers into their homes.

Hope this helps.

I also replied to the same question you asked in another topic, so sorry if I am repeating myself. 

Thank you!