Question on etiquette

April615
Level 1
Chico, CA

Question on etiquette

I have a question regarding the issue of pricing. My situation is this, my father is dying of cancer in Arizona, and I live far away in California. I am barely making ends meet with a very limited income. Regardless of all these things I simply MUST get there! I was planning on staying a week, but the total for the stays are very high and I haven't had the time to save any money to cover it. Is it inappropriate to ask the host if they would be willing to work with me on their pricing for my stay? I am ashamed to not have the money I need but my pride isn't important right now. Any advice from the community would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@April615 Just ask the hosts with an inquiry explaining the situation. Many will reject you but you might get lucky with one or two.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@April615 

April, I like to think I am a generous host, but I certainly don't think I am unique.

If my listing was in your part of the world I would open my door to you for a week for no more than a handshake and a smile.

You are going through that rough patch that we all have to face sooner or later. I have felt your pain in the past and I was thankful for the generousity of others. 

I have also personally experienced what lovely people Americans are, and I am sure someone in the area you need in Arizona will help you out here.

I just hope this forum reaches that person. All the best April.

Cheers........Rob