Reached the max confirmation attempts

Answered!
Галина0
Level 1
Popovo, Bulgaria

Reached the max confirmation attempts

Hi. I have reached the maximum number of attempts to verify my phone number and cannot book a place. The message says "You've reached the maximum number of phone verification attempts for this account. Sorry about that. Please try again later." Can someone help?

1 Best Answer

Solved! You how two options.

1: Wait 24 hours ( or more) for the website to reset your attempts. Not recommended because who knows how long you may have to wait, or that you have the luxury of waiting.

2: Use a different number.

Click on your profile picture and go to personal information. From there enter a different number. I simply went and created a google voice number ( took 3 minutes) and then I used that number, the conformation text came right through and I was able to get into my account. I think you can go back and add another number later, but this method works.

Enjoy

Fillip  

View Best Answer in original post

47 Replies 47

I have used 3 other numbers. Same problem. Leaving for the destination tomorrow and hope for the best....

Adding a different number doesn't work grrrrrrr!

Don't have to wait!  Click your account again > in captcha, answer question to confirm you are not a bot. They will send a confirm codes to your phone. Done

Using a different number doesn't work. This feature is a big issue and Airbnb needs to fix this.

#2 doesn’t work once the max attempts are reached.

Happened to me today.  I received 3 text codes and one phone number call code. . . all four codes entered were correct to verify my phone number.  But each time I entered the code, the website told me it was the wrong code.  Now I'm locked out.  I've never failed a confirmation code on any websites.  AirBNB is the first fail.  ridiculously hard to register.  I normally use VRBO, but, I thought I would give AirBNB a try.  Sad.  Really Sad AirBNB can't get simple text code verification process correct.  Instead they want to turn away customers.   

this is **bleep**ty. first attempt at verification n it states maximum attempts.

I too have the same issue, all I want to do is get the room sorted, nightmare.

I am facing the same problem, here. I don't know what to do. This is awfully terrible, especially when you are to travel in the next two days

same issue... Looks like it's been a long time and they just did nothing?

Same issue, no response from Airbnb support. Going to use Vrbo instead, and not going to bother with Airbnb in the future.

Can't believe this problem dates back to May and airbnb has not. Sorted it

I'm dealing with this now too. The issue was because each time I entered my number to verify, the message never came through. Not until 4 hours later did I get all the messages at once, at that time I was already locked out. It's is an embarrassing failure of technology/design that legitimate system issues so negatively impact the user experience.

I just received all 4 four code, typed them in and each time app said code was invalid.  Now I am locked out.  Why would anyone use this!!  How do they even stay in business??

Pham22
Level 2
Da Nang, Vietnam

Hi, tonight i encountered same issue, even i tried to use another browser (Chrome, Safari) also no point, but when i used ipad, then oke, Airbnb allowed me to publish my listings as final step! Before that, I tried to verify my Government ID & take selfie for Airbnb. You guys can give it a try