Refund for guest delayed?

Alisha31
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

Refund for guest delayed?

Hi there - I'm in Canada and had a guest from the UK that was due to be here today but of course due to covid, had to cancel - this was back in August. The guest I believe also had booked this even before covid. Anyhow, on my side, it does say guest has been refunded, but I just got a note from him today that he hasn't received anything. Has this been happening at all for other perhaps with international involved? I did send him the link I think he needs to follow up but not sure if he will get a phone number out of it. Any insight would be great as the timeline doesn't seem to reflect their policy.

thanks

3 Replies 3
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Alisha31 I wonder if he was refunded with a credit/voucher for future stay. At any rate, I would just advise the guest to contact Airbnb as they are the ones who handle payments and refunds. There is not much you can do. 

Alisha31
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

i suppose anything is possible as I don't know if they changed the way they process after we were well into covid. He has no mention of any credit though.

Juley0
Level 3
Danville, CA

This answer is fairly late, but I would suggest you let them know they can file a dispute on their credit card, but they have a limited window of time to do so. They should log into Airbnb website & it should show that they cancelled and that a Refund is being processed. I have taken screen shots of that page as documentation, as well as keeping the emails Airbnb sent me about my refunds. The site doesn't let you "print" pages on their site, but you can do Control/Shift/S & save a png from the page showing on your screen.

FYI, it's been nearly 60 days since I filed a dispute, and I STILL haven't gotten a refund of my larger $$ reservation, despite submitting the afore-mentioned proof. I suspect Airbnb wants to hang onto my money (or my bank's money, really, since they issued me an immediate temporary credit.)