Renting Furniture - how many of us do this?

Alex8098
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Renting Furniture - how many of us do this?

Hi fellow AirBnB hosts!

I was hoping to understand how many of us out there are renting furniture in their properties instead of buying them outright/would like to?

I'm thinking about starting a business which specifically offers this to AirBnB hosts across the UK - so it would be great to understand if there was demand for this!!

Just an FYI, there would be a wide variety of furniture of all sizes and styles available! 🙂

Looking forward to hearing from you all !

Thanks,

Alex

5 Replies 5
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Alex8098 

Interesting idea but not for me.

We get our rental property furniture at thrift stores, estate auctions and garage sales.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alex8098 Similarly to @Brian2036 we use facebook marketplace and local antique auctions to furnish our places. Latest bargain was a 200 year old dining table for £25. At this price a guest can trash it and apart from being upset that they would do such a thing to an antique we just go and buy another.

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Alex8098 I love the idea, but not sure I would avail myself of it. We have a lot of affordable places to buy used furnishings near me, and anything we need new (mattresses, linens) we would get online and not want to rent. 

How about an ABB cleaning/hosting service? We would love to find alternatives for that in my area.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Alex8098  No, I made a point to try very hard to furnish the airbnb unit with things that I liked and would use myself, but that if they were broken or scratched, it would not upset me [very much].  Although there are some family pieces in the Airbnb, most of the furniture is stuff we had since college or pieces we got at flea markets, or craigslist or marketplace.  So, based on that, I can't see renting furniture would be economical.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

How would your furniture hire company be different from others operating in the UK @Alex8098 ?