Reviews

Linda3808
Level 1
Jacksonville, OR

Reviews

Has anyone else seen a increasing trend over the last year of guests not leaving reviews? For me, these have been good guests that I reviewed favorably.
I have even noticed this on the flip side as a guest myself. I have left the Airbnb in great order, followed house rules, but several hosts have not left reviews. 
Reviews are a foundation of the Airbnb experience. I wonder why guests and hosts are not taking the brief time to leave a review that benefits everyone on the Airbnb platform??

4 Replies 4
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Linda3808 

Short answer. YES. 

I now only host long term stays in my own home and, in the past, almost every long term guest left a review. You do after all have quite a connection with someone who is staying weeks or even moths in your own home. However, in the past couple of years, I have noticed a change with far more guests not leaving reviews, even though most seemed very happy with their stay.

As for hosts leaving reviews, I have no idea as I've only stayed in a handful of airbnbs and (apart from a group booking) received a review from all of the hosts. I have noticed that some of my guests do not have reviews from airbnbs they stayed at, so that is definitely a thing too. In the beginning, I left reviews for all of my guests but, at least with the short stay ones, a lot didn't bother to reciprocate, even when reminded, so now I usually only leave reviews for guests that leave one for me.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

It happened to me too , I think a prompt has been removed some where along the way... and the bit where the guests should be reading houserules before arrival seems to have been altered too ... H

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Linda3808 

I do tend to leave a review for my guest but over the years we have had many guest who dont bother, 

I have to admit Im getting tired of this review nonsense it seems like everything you do or buy these days you are being asked for a review.

I have asked a couple of friends who travel and they say they have stopped, It's boring now,

It's important for host to get reviews but I dont think guest are that bothered you leave them one or not, And I have seen recently it's far easier for guest to get a bad review taken down than it is for a host, I saw it with my own eyes, 

Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

I have noticed the same thing. I used to have at least 95% of guest leave reviews, now I would say it is more around the 70% mark. However, a lot more of my guest now are first timers, so this could be a contributing factor. Not sure if this is the same as your case.

Additionally, I have started to travel again myself and have found less host are reviewing me. Out of my last four stays only one left a review. I think hosts with a larger volume of people or multiple properties sometimes forget or simply skip non problematic reviews.