Scam??

Ann31968
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Scam??

A lady from Canada inquired about receiving a discount if she booked 7 nights instead of 5 and I replied that 2 of the dates she asked about we already had a reservation for. And no I do not offer any discounts. She asked how far we were from the stadium as our city is hosting the super bowl during her stay. And said she was a solo traveler coming to town to celebrate her 50th birthday. She ended up IB the space for just herself for 5 nights. I had already raised the prices of those nights previously. I’m wondering if it’s possible she could create a reason and cancel after super bowl Sunday for the remainder of her nights and then somehow get refunded?  I made sure she was aware to read our house rules that include only the registerd guest is allowed on the property. FYI my listing is a small guesthouse with 1 king bed. 
I just find it odd that a 50 year old woman booked the space but then is asking the distance to the stadium 

3 Replies 3
Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

Sounds normal to me but I definitely understand your concern. There's probably not too much we can do about it -- if guest really wants to find a reason to cancel the remaining nights he/she can always find something, from uncomfortable bed to seeing cocker roaches, and Airbnb always tends to side with guest. 50 yr old is not exempt from going to the stadium and watching the game though.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ann31968 what cancelation policy do you have?

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Ann31968 I don’t believe this is a scam at all. Did you check her reviews?