Searchable database of known site issues

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Searchable database of known site issues

This was a suggestion as part of another thread in light of the host advisory board members becoming regulars here. I would like to explore it as a separate subject matter. Not being aware of a known issue hurts everyone- guests, hosts and Airbnb. Here is a perfect example: last summer an update disabled many host's check in and out times and converted them to flexible. I knew nothing about it. A booked guest messaged me with completely unreasonable check in time request, I declined. He insisted he was entitled to it and the discussion got a little heated. It then turned out he was seeing flexible on his end. I could not accommodate him- terrible for everyone, plus I had to call Airbnb to cancel and took up agents time. Another example: let's say we can not see pay out history and it is a known glitch. Thousands of us are calling Airbnb clogging up support lines. Half the time they do not even know it is a site-wide issue.

1. There should be a place on the site where any known tech issue or site update is posted.
  2. We should be able to subscribe to a daily digest- most hosts will not have the time or remember to go their themselves several times a day.
  3. Option to report an issue. Others experiencing the same thing should be able to add "thumbs up" or otherwise let Airbnb know that it is a site wide problem. This report should be visible on the site for others as well as feed directly to Airbnb
  4. Key word search option
  5. Fix or a work around posted below the post
  6. Once issue is fixed, it should be marked as such and there should be a report button for those who still experience it. In this case, the host should be able to get to support
  7. Comment section - if anyone has a better work around
8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Inna22 

It is an exellent idea, but it is a lot of work to set it up and it only works OK when it is well maintained and kept up to date (so it needs staff to take care of it). Which is useally a problem. But a simpe list of "known issues" would already be a good start !

@Emiel1 yes, that would be a huge step in the right direction

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Much too sensible @Inna22 

well done!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I was hoping @Bez8 would come along to take a note of this post

Bez8
Host Advisory Board Member
Vancouver, Canada

@Inna22 

this is a great idea. I will share with the entire HAB team

site normally have technical status updates pages. 

Merrydith0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Lenah Valley, Australia

Hi everyone, (it's Merrydith HAB member)this topic came up in one of my committee's meetings (Host Empowerment) recently. I am from Tasmania and hosts there have had issues like this as well. I asked why host leaders can't get updates about what changes are being made and when, so that they can help the community, and the response was that in any month there are thousands of changes being made. Some are small and some are large and it would be difficult to notify us about everything.

I totally understand where you are coming from because recently a program was rolled out (Ambassador Program) and I had hosts on our Facebook Page asking what it was etc, and some thought it was a scam. I had not heard of it, even though I am on the HAB. I had to ring around to find out What it was, so that I could calm their fears.

I will bring it up again.

M❤️

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Merrydith0 thanks for responding. It is still cheaper and easier to post about 1000 changes than to receive tens of thousands of phone calls from affected hosts. We do not need to know about a change in font color or double spacing between paragraphs.  Also, this is is much about known tech issues as it is about changes to the site. Lastly, I do not have a host leader. I don’t want to rely on somebody else to bring me this information. I would like to have access to it myself.

Merrydith0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Lenah Valley, Australia

@Inna22  I totally agree with you and I get your point about not wanting to have to wait for someone else to give you the info. You want a place where anyone can search for it. 
I promise to take your concerns to the right person.