Service Fee refund denied?

Christopher1048
Level 2
Port Neches, TX

Service Fee refund denied?

The cancellation policy clearly states in my confirmation email (and was clearly displayed online at the time of booking), is different from the cancellation policy that now shows up after I processed the cancellation. Specifically, the service fee is not being refunded, despite this exact wording:
"Cancel before 4:00 PM on Dec 13 and get a full refund. After that, cancel before 4:00 PM on Dec 22 and get a full refund, minus the service fee."

This seems to be a system error???

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christopher1048 

If you cancelled before time mentioned first, it is probably within 48 hours after the reservation was made. Also known as "grace period". Then you should indeed receive full refund, including the Guest Service Fee. Maybe better contact Airbnb about the error.

Best regards,

Emiel

Thanks Emiel1, we actually booked back in July 19th, and Check-in date isn't until Dec 27th. So 48-hr grace period doesn't apply, but it still seems pretty black and white:  "Cancel before 4:00 PM on Dec 13 and get a full refund. After that, cancel before 4:00 PM on Dec 22 and get a full refund, minus the service fee." 

I'm just glad I kept the confirmation email as proof. AirBnB won't respond until 72 hour prior to check-in, so we have to wait until Dec 24 to resolve this issue?