So.. i suspect that the host robbed me

Answered!
Nina973
Level 1
Perpignan, FR

So.. i suspect that the host robbed me

I went with my family to a four day trip to Barcelona and in the third day the flat was robbed.
Why i suspect the host you may ask
heres the whole story
So when we arrived the host sent a message saying that she wasn’t in Spain and a friend or a employee of her was the one who’s going to give us the key, the girl didn’t stay more than 5 minutes in the flat with us and left.
in the third day it was cold weather and we sent a message to the host asking for a heater
she said that her boyfriend or another employee i don’t know was going to take one for us
but he was never arriving so we sent a message asking when he was going to come because we wanted to go out, the guy came by and opened the door to the flat, my wife was found the fact the he walked  in instead of calling in the door was strange but we were confortable and went out for something like 4 to 5 hours walk.
when we got back the door was locked as it should be, windows closed everything normal, zero signs of forced entry, but two of like 6 bags was opened and all my stuff that was on the bed was gone, my macbook, phone, my brand new nintendo switch, gone.
We called the host and she didn’t even sent someone to see what was happening
she also said that she would call back that she never did
so again really seemed like the person who took my stuff has the key to the flat.

We went to the police and made a report, i want at least the money from the days that i stayed in there back, so what should i do from here?

theres an extra thing, the neighbors in plural said that the owner of the apartment is in a legal case with the Russian mafia or something and its probable that the woman who hosted us don’t even exist and its a fake id or a fake account on airbnb, looks like these people have like lots of flats and profit of the stuff that they steal and if the guest don’t make a complaint they get the airbnb money too.

1 Best Answer
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Nina973 You did the right thing with the police report. You can call Airbnb and/or file a claim against the host, but since all you have is a suspicion I wouldn’t expect much. Hopefully you have some kind of  insurance to cover the loss. So sorry you had such an experience!

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Nina973 You did the right thing with the police report. You can call Airbnb and/or file a claim against the host, but since all you have is a suspicion I wouldn’t expect much. Hopefully you have some kind of  insurance to cover the loss. So sorry you had such an experience!