Superhost stats: Is anyone else seeing something weird?

Answered!
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Superhost stats: Is anyone else seeing something weird?

Hello, after maintaining Superhost status for years, I lost it at the last assessment due to one 3* review (I host long term stays, so every rating really counts). Oh well, never mind...

Since then, all my guests have left 5* and I saw on my dashboard that my rating for the current assessment period (October 21 to September 22) was back up to the 4.8* requirement for Superhost and I was hopeful that I could maintain or increase this going forward.

However, yesterday I noticed my dashboard is now saying the rating is 4.6* for the same period. I haven't received any new reviews in the meantime, nor have any been removed, and anyway, the numbers don't add up. The total for guests who reviewed in that period, including the 3* review, comes to 4.769, so I should have 4.7* at least (or would it round up to 4.8*?). Why is it showing only 4.6*?

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Huma0 and everyone else,

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. After some investigation, we can confirm this issue is only impacting a very small number of Hosts. We’re pleased to say the fix will be released by September 16th, at which time you’ll see corrected data in your dashboard, and this issue will not impact any Superhost assessments on October 1.

Thanks again for your patience!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

60 Replies 60

@Huma0  I know what you mean - the first sentence guarantees it will be corrected before the current assessment period ends - but the last sentence says it won't be done until the end - but I also read that to mean calculated as per normal during the assessment period. Thank you for being so diligent reporting issues and shaming me into action.  Over the years I have just given up - but it is good to know there are some reps who know their stuff.

I also reported another issue at the same time - that one I have given up on 🙂  

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wendy117 

I totally understand why you have given up! When I first started hosting I used to call CS quite often, but they were pretty decent back then. Now, if it's something I can sort out myself, I would rather do that than get them involved. Obviously, with technical glitches to the system, it's not something we can fix from our end.

It's now totally hit and miss with CS. Sometimes you get through to someone who really knows their stuff, understands the issue straight away and deals with it quickly if they are able or at least gives you some sensible explanation of the situation, rather than suddenly being out of office for the next few days or constantly trying to close the case when nothing has been resolved. 

When you get one of these reps on the phone or the message thread, it's a great idea to ask them to help with any other outstanding issues. There have been a few times when I was getting nowhere with CS and gave up, but then had the issue resolved some time later when I happened to get someone effective on the line. I hope your other problem gets sorted!

@Huma0   I am pleased to say that my superhost stats are now showing 4.91 again.  This happened after I received another 5 star review so I guess it made the system recalculate - correctly this time.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wendy117 

That's good to hear! My stats also updated after the last review I received, but unfortunately, not correctly! I did have a couple of guests check out recently, so let's see...

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Huma0 et al,

I just wanted to pop in and let you know I've been working with the Superhost team inc. engineering to dig into this and hope to get you more information as soon as possible. 

As always, the level of detail and respectful nature of this discussion has been greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steph

-----

Felicity11
Host Advisory Board Member
Manly, Australia

Thanks @Stephanie  for looking into this for us. !

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Huma0 and everyone else,

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. After some investigation, we can confirm this issue is only impacting a very small number of Hosts. We’re pleased to say the fix will be released by September 16th, at which time you’ll see corrected data in your dashboard, and this issue will not impact any Superhost assessments on October 1.

Thanks again for your patience!

Stephanie

-----

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie 

Thanks so much for investigating and reporting back! That's good news. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothy.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie 

How do I mark your post as the 'solved' answer? I can't see that option in the drop down menu.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh I will move it to the "Help" board and you can mark it there! Thanks @Huma0 

-----

Marie7084
Level 4
United States

@Huma0  same.   Superhost forever and in the last quarter they took it away over two 3 star reviews because of a "difficult" access when my Brianhead, Utah listing is very clear about how many stairs there are to get my EPIC view of the ski resort.   Might be time to start selling my STR's and invest in something else. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marie7084 

Sorry to hear that. Yes, even one 3* review can do a lot of damage if you're not a big time host with multiple listings. I'm confident you will get your Superhost status back. I just wish it wasn't so stressful. Guests who complain about stuff clearly stated on the listing (and I do also message them and get them to respond confirming they are okay with those things) drive me INSANE.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wendy117 @Stephanie 

Just noticed that at some point today my rating went back up a point and I've not had any new reviews come in yet, so hopefully that means it is fixed!

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Wendy117 @Huma0 Fantastic, thank you both for confirming!

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Victor3193
Level 2
United States

I have had to remove my honest host review of a place because of the unsophisticated calculations of how the ratings are done for this website which I find to be surprising of a company this large.  Even though my stay wasn't "perfect" I don't feel it merits a complete removal of the host from "Superhost" status.