Superhosts - are you experiencing reduced inquiries and bookings since the 'new and improved' search went into effect?

Superhosts - are you experiencing reduced inquiries and bookings since the 'new and improved' search went into effect?

We are superhosts, do not charge cleaning and we have had 1 booking since their 'new and improved' change - when I contact support they did not even answer my questions and told me they'd have to message me back - I got a canned message about an algorithm, take better photos (btw - what does this mean - we've had these photos since starting). They left an non-response to all of my questions after 9 pm (sorry, I go to bed then) and another at 8:35 am the next day (I was given an hour to respond or they'd close it). This is asinine. Here were my verbal questions :
1. why listings in other cities are appearing in a search for THIS city?
2. why listings with scores under 4.7 are listed on the first 3 pages?
3. why my search returns differently when I'm logged in vs. when I am not?
4. why is our revenue SIGNIFICANTLY less that ALL PRIOR MONTHS - RIGHT after your 'new and improved' upgrade.
5. why are listings with cleaning fees a and subpar scores appearing before those that do NOT charge cleaning fees and are super hosts?

The CSR  - closed my case and didn't address a single one of my questions while on the phone.  Nor did she via messaging.

Other hosts out there, are you experiencing similar issues with the 'improved' upgrade?

5 Replies 5
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Welcome-To-SD0 

I looked at your calendar nobody can book after the 31st December is that correct? 

Correct.

@Welcome-To-SD0 

Having such a short window to book you are limiting the amount of people that can book, 

Most travelers search 31–90 days before their stay, according to one web site

Correct

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Welcome-To-SD0 

In answer to your questions, I believe that 

1. This has been happening since the Summer Release was rolled out in May. One could blame it on a glitchy algorithm but Brian Chesky has openly stated that part of the release was designed to drive people away from over saturated areas and suggest other locations, so that's one possible explanation.

2, 3, 5. That's how it's always been since I started hosting a few years ago. Nothing new there.

5. I don't know. It could be the recent updates. It could be something else. It could be a combination of the two. But, can I ask, how far out is your booking window normally, how far in advance do guests normally book your listings and (if you have not changed anything recently) has this always worked for you before? What are your reasons for having such a short booking window? I have found that most guests book at least a couple of months in advance.