Suspicious Rental? (Solved, Becareful of special offers)

Suspicious Rental? (Solved, Becareful of special offers)

Hello!

So I'm was looking for a rental in Dundee, Scotland and I found this listing "✪✿☀Trendy Room in Dundee☀✿✪". I also noticed that there were several more of the same listing, same pictures, descriptions, etc. I assume its because its located in an apartment or student housing that is rented out during the breaks. A little strange to me but since its my first time renting, I assume some big companies use Airbnb too. However, after I had finished messaging them through the Airbnb site about their guest policy, they sent a "Special offer" through Airbnb's feature. The offer was easily 4x the original price of my stay, $350 a night for a total of $2,453.49, where the original total was only $449 ($63 a night). 7 night stay.

This combined with the strange listing step up has made me uneasy confirming my stay there. The renter is 'Atanas' from Staykeepers Homes, they have around 467 review with good reviews but it just feels off to me. Am I just over thinking it or does it feel strange to you too? Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

weads.PNGweird.PNG

Issue Solved, just leaving this for anyone that is interested.

All special deals have a details button and make sure you understand what you are signing up for. Seems I was just being a nervous first time rental (Technically 2nd but I haven't been to the 1st yet). Rental was legit, just very weird circumstances.

Thanks for sharing. You are exactly right Staykeepers rent out student accommodation during student holidays.

To be honest it is very difficult to be scammed on airbnb these days. Just make sure the listing has a good number of reviews. To be honest though, I have stayed at places with no reviews or very few and they were some of the best places I have stayed, just an amazing new host starting up.

Welcome to Airbnb! 🙂