This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb.

This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb.

I am seeing this message in my inbox for an upcoming guest. ( This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb). I cannot contact her as the message cannot be sent so says AIRBNB. . AIRBNB told me she "has and error" on her account but would not tell me anything else. They advised to wait and see if she shows up i August?? Really. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

18 Replies 18
Ardina0
Level 1
Milton, Canada

I just had "This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb" pop up under the name of a guest who is new to Airbnb with no reviews... like a lot of guests. He requested a two-month stay and had provided his cell number. He asked me lots of questions. The name he used was easily googled. I contacted the admin on the official web site of the real person, only to be told this was not legit.

This person was obviously removed from Airbnb for fraudulent activity. Airbnb should be clear and transparent with the reason a person is removed instead of using this superfluous and vague explanation provided to us: "... no longer has access to Airbnb". I had trusted this platform. What if I had let this person in?"

Airbnb is a popular platform for renting out vacation homes, apartments, and other properties to travelers. Occasionally, users may encounter a message that states "This message has been hidden because the person no longer has access to Airbnb." This message typically appears when a host or guest's account has been suspended or deactivated for violating Airbnb's community standards or terms of service **[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

When an account is suspended or deactivated, the user loses access to their Airbnb account, including any messages they may have sent or received. To protect the privacy and security of users, Airbnb hides any messages from a user who no longer has access to their account. This prevents the user from accessing sensitive information such as phone numbers or email addresses and helps ensure that both hosts and guests can continue to use Airbnb safely.

Witchaya1
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

I just started to put my house on the listing 6 months ago. The location is in rural area so I wouldn't expect many booking.

Then there were newly created accounts** name ask for the discount for a long time stay. It was very suspicious considering the location of my listing (normally there's not many foreign/tourist here). They even ask for my contact outside Airbnb.

For the first person that asked me, I recommend him to book the other listing instead after he told me he had business in the city which is very far and there's other listing available in that area. This account got blocked by Airbnb after that and I encountered this situation very often. It will take 2-3 days after I received these message for Airbnb to block them. 

I just want to share this situation and warn other host to be vigilante for newly created account. 

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Jennifer3267
Level 2
Billings, MT

This just happened to me!!! I'm wondering if they found a flaw in his information & quickly deleted his account. My curiosity is up now. Keep me informed if you find anything out