Unauthorized activity

Waleed-and-Leslie0
Level 2
Maryland, United States

Unauthorized activity

I just hosted a guest over the weekend that lied about the purpose and the number of guest booked. He ended up using my home as some sort of undercover sting operation. They were filming various different alleged pedophiles that they were luring in through a 15 yr old teenager. I could see and hear them from my doorbell camera as the men would ring the doorbell and a very young looking 15yr old would open the door to greet him and then after about 5 min the men would run out of the house with the “journalist” and camera crew running out behind yelling and asking him was he a pedophile and did he know the girl he was coming to see was 15yrs old. There were security men in the back of the house and lots of equipment and ppl coming in and out throughout the weekend. 
It looked as if they were doing something illegal or some form of entrapment was taking place in my home. We tried reaching the guest over the weekend but to no avail. The police was called by my neighbor because of the suspicious activity, I also had to call the police to get them out after checkout time, there was one person left in the house sleeping in an upstairs bedroom. I had to turn on my alarm which triggered the police to come. Has anyone had this experience? 

21 Replies 21

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Has anyone had this experience? Not exactly. Filming an episode of CSI: The Pedophile in one's home with some swat team running around the backyard is a bit unusual in annals of the STR world. 🙂

Seriously speaking, when it comes to cameras being used indoors, it is best to not go there, as you will inevitably see why sooner or later if you use them.

@Fred13 they just posted it online

Goodness.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Location filming costs thousands, this is way out of line. Waaaay out. 

Nesta22
Level 2
Dover, DE

@Waleed

@Omg! No way. That's crazy.  What country are you in

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Waleed-and-Leslie0  as a fellow Maryland host (albeit one who is a lot more rural) I can't say I am surprised. I think many hosts on this forum do not understand the level of "extra" many DC area guests bring to any stay. But this is even a new one for me.

CLEARLY this is some kind of production company who knows that it costs money to rent a location, that insurance, terms of use, capacity, local ordinances, etc all need to be obeyed. If I were you, I would take this to the media. I can see the headline "Pedophile Sting Show Uses My Home On Airbnb Under False Pretenses!" If nothing else, this guest needs to be banned and you need to be compensated for the use of your space. 

We do get requests for film and photo shoots but never book these through ABB. We have a long agreement and charge an actual security deposit. This platform is not the way any legitimate media company would go. This group should be embarrassed.