Warning major problem with long term booking promo option

Lauren2844
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Warning major problem with long term booking promo option

Airbnb have major design faults in their long term stay promotion solution. After opting into have long term stays promoted, my listing disappeared from searches. Through my own trouble shooting, I realised that they have defaulted my listing to a minimum 30 days, even through in my settings it is clearly set to 1. No matter what i put in the min nights at the search end it insists on 30 days min. 
In my area the average stay is 2 nights. 
I contacted airbnb immediately upon discovering this on the 12th of May. The support was atrocious. They could not understand the problem & tried to tell me to fix my map. I’ve called & messaged multiple times since & despite 1 supervisor finally understanding the problem they have never called back as promised & the issue remains unresolved.

im a Super Host & have been with airbnb since 2011. I’m appalled by the poor technical design & lack of testing & mortified that their so-called support is treating me & this issue with such disregard & disrespect. . This ‘bug’ is preventing my guests from finding & booking my listing. What’s has happened to airbnb??!! 
Whatever you do, do not opt into the long term booking promotion option. It’s a a disaster & will seriously impact your bookings. 

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lauren2844  How frustrating and angering. And that's only one reason not to accept long term bookings through Airbnb. They only guarantee the first month's payment, when the guest reneges on further payment you are left with a squatter who has now become a tenant due to staying longer than 30 days, who will be really difficult to evict due to landlord/tenant laws in most jurisdictions.

Add to that the lack of a real security deposit, and the lack of information provided about guests by Airbnb and anyone would be nuts to use this platform for long term rentals.

I too have a problem with getting reservations after accepting a three month rental. Despite being a superhost, my listing is relegated to the bottom of the pack. Super hosts are supposed to get preference - not now.