We can fix the Summer Release search results page!

Richard531
Level 10
California, United States

We can fix the Summer Release search results page!

Well, maybe not directly.  But I have faith that this forum is a great outlet to have our concerns heard and passed along by the moderators. 

Search results for guests are currently extremely vague.  All listings pretty much display the same limited amount of information.  This leaves Hosts pretty much only a single picture to get our click.  To put it bluntly, search results put all listings on a level playing field.  That’s exactly what search results shouldn’t do. 

Here are the things I would love to see changed/fixed:

• Add (back) number of reviews the listing has received
  • Replace “Home/Shared Room in XXX” with the Title of your listing
  • Display type of listing (i.e. home, apartment, shared room, chalet, etc.)
  • Give hosts 4 amenities (of their choice) to display (i.e. Hot Tub, A/C, Kitchen, pool, etc.)
  • If you’re a “Rare Find,” make that designation REALLY pop and have it display in addition to “Superhost” rather than in place of it

If you’ve earned high marks in the above, why are they being swept under the rug while an unestablished listing with a “5.0” average review rate (5 reviews total) appears to be eating our lunch because they have a better click-bait pic than we do?

2 Replies 2
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Richard531 ! Thank you so much for posting this.

As you mentioned, we capture and pass on the various topics and discussions that are taking place here on the CC to make sure the company is aware of what Hosts think and say. I'm very glad to be able to share with you that some of your concerns have now been addressed in the latest update.

If you haven't seen it yet, you can find our post with the latest update regarding the 2022 Summer Release here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Host-questions-answered-Airbnb-s-Summer-Release/t...

It is because of detailed and constructive feedback like yours that we can demonstrate where action is needed. As soon as we hear more, we'll post it on the CC! 😃

Sybe

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Stephanie1933
Level 10
Christchurch, New Zealand

@Richard531 excellent points. I agree with them all.