What made you happy today?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

What made you happy today?

Jenny_0-1662631270425.jpeg

Hi everyone, 

It’s easy to get lost in the doom and gloom, from reading news, personal worries, the Summer sun slowly leaving us … that’s why I thought it’d be great to combat this by focusing, together, on the little and unexpected sources of joy we come across. 

Something unexpected like your nephew or grandchild’s giggle, an out of the blue phone call from an old friend, a smile from a stranger, or a happy guest leaving you a compliments-filled review; these things can lift our mood and make us happy. Happiness is a beautiful feeling we are all in search of but it may be closer to us than we sometimes see. 

What made you happy today? Let’s share our little moments of joy, and inspire each other to see the positives in our days!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

80 Replies 80
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Jenny 

Having a much needed sleep in knowing my most recent German Guest enjoyed her stay and left positivity in my home.

We are having a 28 Day Pie challenge.

We are up to Pie number 6 and a half, after she, and a previous German lady, informed me they don't have Meat Pies in Germany!

The sun is shining and the birds have been singing in the garden since the early hours of the morning.

I guess I should perhaps change having a sleep in to having a lazy lie in later than normal because I usually make breakfast for my guests if they wish to have it.

@Mary996 @Stephanie @Lizzie @Cathie19 @Germany1 @TE-Connectivity-Germany-0 @German9 @German8 @German5 @Lydia0 @Melissa @Mel8 @Pie2 @Pien4 @Sumeat0 

@Laurel-and-Steak0 @Hippy-Chick0 @Chick7 @Cheese-Burger0 @Cheeseng0 @Vegeto-Blue0 @Apple6 @Apple8 @Anne72 

@Dale711 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Helen427 That's lovely, a sleep in is always welcome! I'm really intrigued by that 28 day pie challenge, is that essentially a pie a day for about a month? What have been some of your favourite ones? 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

In my time here on the CC I have had a wonderful interaction with Airbnb users from around the world. I do miss the old timers like  @Dave-and-Deb0 from Edmonton, @Clare0  from Templeton in California, @Helga from Paris, and @Andrea9  that wonderful contributor and jewelry craft-person from Amsterdam. Over those early years we held each other hands across the CC and made ourselves competent Airbnb hosts.

We shared a lot of our personnel information like Helga with her outrageous parrot in her Paris apartment and Andrea with her exquisite jewelry creations and there were always photos to add that bit more colour and warmth to each others posts.

My heart skipped a beat when I was faced with a red banner a month ago that told me I had reached my 3,000 photo file limit on the CC, and I felt like I had lost the ability to express myself.

@Jenny  however came to the rescue and has given me back the opportunity to show the hosting world what I love and want to share!

I have just had my youngest daughter Kate, her partner Chris and out two Grandies  Madison and Ivy stay here with us for a week and I am so proud of them. The little girls are growing up  so fast if we blink we miss something. I took them across to this amazing local hotel that proudly states it is the worst pub in town......

IMG20221003130105.jpg

How about this for a way to light a dining area.....

IMG20190114115945.jpg

A dining table with a heap of standard lamps.....everything about this pub is outrageous, the food is superb and it is one of those places you need to visit at least once in your life!

We ate outside and I had to take this photo of the grandies.....as I said I am so proud of them!

export1665754514392.jpg

Thanks Jenny for giving me back the opportunity to bear my soul.

Cheers.......Rob

Oh how I miss you my friend @Robin4.  We should really reconnect. I still check it the CC from time to time. 

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Ah, the good ol' days!

I am no longer hosting, my account is deactivated.  One of these days I'll get around to removing my listing permanently.

I am doing well and I hope @Dave-and-DebO and @Robin4 are as well. 

Thanks to all for the wonderful memories!

Clare

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Dave-and-Deb0 

I miss you too mate, it was you who got me on the road to a hosting career. Back in 2015 your knowledge seemed to me to be limitless and because of the help you gave me, here I am a 627 guest stay host with 580 on Airbnb and 536 reviews behind me.

Dave, I have not had a month since, I think, April 2018 where I have had any more than 3 vacant nights in the B&B!  Have a look at this weeks activity.....

This weeks bookings.png

You gave me the framework to make this work, I could never repay you for that......all I can do is pay it forward and hope that something I say here can help others.

Good on you Dave I am so pleased you are still stepping in here to the CC on odd occasions, I hope all is going well for you over there in Alberta and remember mate, if ever you are in this part of the world our door is always open for you, take care. All the best to Deb and the tribe.

Cheers........Rob