Where do I *upload* the selfie with ID for verification?

Rebecca206
Level 2
Austin, TX

Where do I *upload* the selfie with ID for verification?

I've seen a lot of posts on this topic, but I still don't quite understand it. Is Airbnb asking for this selfie, or is the host? The host sent me a link with house policies and the next page is the request for selfie, but I do airbnb on my computer and I can't take a selfie there... I would upload a selfie emailed from my phone but there doesn't seem to be any place to do that? I've looked under my profile and there is no "selfie" under verification. What/how do I do this?

1 Reply 1
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Rebecca206 hosts do not see the id that you send to Airbnb . airbnb is the booking and paying agent for hosts . hosts never see your credit card or other id . so they have zero idea of the identity of the person wishing to book their house unless you have stayed with them before. I send my mobile number to the  guest and ask for Id as well as vax certificates . Sometimes the easiest way around this is for the guest to send an up to date selfie . Many people have avatars or obscured faces or tiny group or family photos ,show up to the host . Never a photo id .Ask the host for their mobile number after your booking is comfirmed if they have not already sent you their number. H