Work colleagues. Sharing

Answered!
Tracy784
Level 2
Hednesford, United Kingdom

Work colleagues. Sharing

I had a reservation for two people.

My apartment is a one bedroom flat with also an additional bed In the form of a bed settee. If I have a booking that requires the use of the bed settee then I leave spare bedding out for it to be use and the guest to charge an additional fee for the extra guests, this part is simple. I received a message from the guest asking where the extra bedding was when I asked why he said we are to work colleagues.

How do you bill or should I bill for the use of the bed settee as this now will cause more laundry, when i thought it was just a couple using the bed? 

1 Best Answer
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Tracy784 🙂

I wouldn’t charge this specific guest. If there is an extra fee for extra beddings it needs to be mentioned clearly on the listing/house rules for guests to read before they book. You can alter your listing settings so any future guests will have to pay an extra guest fee. Then whenever you get a new booking you can ask your guests if they wish to sleep in separate beds. If they do then you can leave the extra beddings. I charge a small extra guest fee myself to cover the extra expenses 🙂

Best, Sandra 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Tracy784 🙂

I wouldn’t charge this specific guest. If there is an extra fee for extra beddings it needs to be mentioned clearly on the listing/house rules for guests to read before they book. You can alter your listing settings so any future guests will have to pay an extra guest fee. Then whenever you get a new booking you can ask your guests if they wish to sleep in separate beds. If they do then you can leave the extra beddings. I charge a small extra guest fee myself to cover the extra expenses 🙂

Best, Sandra 

Tracy784
Level 2
Hednesford, United Kingdom

Hi sandra . 
tjanks for that . This has never happened to me and I can see both sides to my question.  At the moment I only  charge for extra guests if there more than 2 as they would use the bed settee. I’ve never had it as two individuals/Co workers coming. So at the point of booking I wasn’t aware they needed two separate bed arrangements. So how would I then put it in that there is an extra fee as it’s more laundry . Or is that just how it is . 
How do I word it so it make sense to guests 
many advice is greatly appreciated . 
thanks 

@Tracy784   I don't know how you have it worded at the moment, but you could say, "If you will need use of the bed settee for sleeping, please let us know in advance.  This will entail a $20 fee to cover the extra laundry."  Or some such.  Then submit a reservation change with the fee added.  I don't know what I would do in the case described here, but I would probably let it go since the guests weren't told in advance.  (Their fault, but still.)