cancelled guest

Thomas2511
Level 2
Kendal, United Kingdom

cancelled guest

I am a host. I cancelled a guest for December 2021 after she had instant booked and then asked to bring her pet dog. Not allowed on our property.

Now I have her in my calendar in dark shade and assume no one can book those dates. Can not get through to support for a resolution each time I press 1 2 or 3 it does not register from my iphone, unless maybe I need to phone during their work hours I am in the UK.

Should I just suck it up and lesson learned or keep trying to have the cancellation removed from my calendar?

@Thomas2511

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Thomas2511 I would message Airbnb giving a clear account of the situation an ask them to open up your calendar. Hopefully the fact the guest was going to break your rules will be recorded in your messages to them.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Thomas2511 

In the future it would be a good idea to try to persuade guests with inappropriate demands to cancel themselves.

I would say something like, “I am sorry if you overlooked our firm house rule against pets, but we cannot accept your dog.

If you cancel your booking immediately you will receive a full refund, there will be no penalty and no negative review.”