forum for guests

Dennis732
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

forum for guests

There has been discussion of this before, but why no forum for guests?

10 Replies 10
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dennis732 I was always told that guests are welcome here. There is one section you won't get access to but apart from that having guests adds a lot to the Community Centre as they come with a different perspective (obviously).

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

We are all Airbnb members. Some are just hosting, others only travelling, many are both (so are we).

I understand that all Airbnb members are welcome here. Besides the host-only-section, @Mike-And-Jane0 mentioned.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is a Airbnb community for hosts and guests if you have a question or comment you can share here @Dennis732 😀

Dennis732
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

Huh, I know I just responded but I don't see it.  I've used this forum before as a guest but AirBNB sure could make it look more "guest-y".

Dennis732_0-1715177986451.png

@Dennis732 I have always wondered if guests got a different header but it appears not. I wonder if @Quincy could get this changed to make guests more welcome. Perhaps something along the lines of 'Help improve hosting with Guests like you'.

I could imagine breaking the forum into two separate things, one for hosts, one for guests,  and having several basic forums/topics for guests. And a link up top of Help Center. I think I had to find this via Google.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 , I just wanted to pop here and clarify that while we warmly embrace everyone, both guests and Hosts, it’s important to note however that this space is primarily tailored for Hosts. As you know the main focus of the Community Center is Host helping other Hosts.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Quincy But wouldn't it be great to have hosts helping guests and guests helping hosts as well?

It seems pretty odd to only support the hosts. The reason I'm raising this issue (again) is because I'm confused by the new front page and was going to ask for context/clarification.  Heck, maybe that's something that could even help the hosts.

What is that new front page about? It looks more like Netflix or Disney+. Where are the usual cool properties?

@Dennis732. Hi Dennis, fair questions. As a host who doesnt have time (yet) for leisure travel I happily jump between sections (I consider the other four guest inclusive) and addressing both guest and host questions where I think I can add something. Once I am a guest I expect to continue this. We only get one profile so I'm not suprised Airbnb programming hasn't altered this, though it would be nice 🙂

The Host Circle as a host only zone does provide essential feedback to both hosts and Airbnb on important issues that may be confidential in nature. If this was open to Guests it would also get rather cluttered imo.

As to latest layout its even less relevant to the average guest than the cool listings, again imo.