how can i file against a possible copyright experiences

Answered!
Devine2
Level 1
Tokyo, JP

how can i file against a possible copyright experiences

There is a experience who tried to copy my experience so please let me know what should be done !!??

1 Best Answer

@Devine2  Presumably all Experiences are paused until the end of this month due to the pandemic, and this period is likely to be extended - which is only to say that you have a lot of time ahead to deal with this before it becomes a problem of any consequence.

In the meantime, to answer your question - the text of your experience listing is technically Airbnb's intellectual property according to the terms of its content policy. However, if another Airbnb user has duplicated the text of your offering as the primary content of their listing, you may have a valid complaint (see here:  https://www.airbnb.com/terms/copyright_policy)  If this is the case, I'd suggest contacting the copycat and asking them to edit their listing before contacting Airbnb's customer support, as they're already really overwhelmed with the crisis right now.

If your problem is not that someone has stolen your text, but rather you feel that their experience is too similar to the one you offer, then your issue is with competition, not with copyright. Airbnb is free to list as many kawaii tours of Harajuku as it wishes to approve, and no host can have the sole right to conduct an experience in public space. It's up to the guests to decide which option and price appeals to them most. Whenever the time comes that it's possible to offer street tours again, you may need to continually improve your offering to set yourself apart from other hosts. 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

@Devine2  Presumably all Experiences are paused until the end of this month due to the pandemic, and this period is likely to be extended - which is only to say that you have a lot of time ahead to deal with this before it becomes a problem of any consequence.

In the meantime, to answer your question - the text of your experience listing is technically Airbnb's intellectual property according to the terms of its content policy. However, if another Airbnb user has duplicated the text of your offering as the primary content of their listing, you may have a valid complaint (see here:  https://www.airbnb.com/terms/copyright_policy)  If this is the case, I'd suggest contacting the copycat and asking them to edit their listing before contacting Airbnb's customer support, as they're already really overwhelmed with the crisis right now.

If your problem is not that someone has stolen your text, but rather you feel that their experience is too similar to the one you offer, then your issue is with competition, not with copyright. Airbnb is free to list as many kawaii tours of Harajuku as it wishes to approve, and no host can have the sole right to conduct an experience in public space. It's up to the guests to decide which option and price appeals to them most. Whenever the time comes that it's possible to offer street tours again, you may need to continually improve your offering to set yourself apart from other hosts. 

Thank you so much for your help. it means alot !!