i need suggestions on how to handle a request for a stay that has no reviews and comes off rude in text conversation.

i need suggestions on how to handle a request for a stay that has no reviews and comes off rude in text conversation.

I have a guest requesting a reservation. After reviewing it, they have joined since 2018 and have no reviews. there are 9 guests but no description(children/Adults etc). So i declined and sent a note as to why.  when asked to provide a brief description about self and guests it was brief and read poorly (rude).  Now they are sending another request. Should i follow my gut and not respond or take a chance?

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Eric6011 

Useally i first ask for more information and when answer does not suit me, i decline the request. Now you declined first and then asked for more information. Which can be intrepreted by the guest as " I provided you with what you wanted and now i can book again".

So you try to ask the guest to retract the booking request if you consider the guest and family not as a good fit. Otherwise decline again and make clear to the guest not to book again.