repealing cancelation charges

Brian2283
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

repealing cancelation charges

Hi Fellow AirBnBers

I'm having to cancel 4 reservations for my flat. I hate to do this but a family crisis has left me no other option but to make my flat available for my Nephew, his Fiancée and their 3 year old son. 

This will cost me £50 per cancelation. £200 in total. Something I can ill afford at this time.

Any advice on repealing these charges?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'm sorry you are in this situation. It is so kind of you to offer a home to your nephew and his family.

Why not ask your nephew or his parents to cover the cancellation charges you have had imposed on you as a result of making your listing available to your nephew and his family @Brian2283  This is the best way to cover the £200. They are benefitting from you being so generous,  so it makes sense that  they cover the cancellation fees. 

I can't see how you can appeal against the cancellation charges, as they have been rightly applied as your cancellation doesn't meet Airbnb's EC policy for host cancellations. 

Brian2283
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply Helen. I'll just have to pay up. My family are very strapped for cash. My flat is they're only option it would appear.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Brian2283 all you can do is contact Airbnb and see if they will waive the $$penalty , it may depend on the details of what you family emergency is.