Update: June 19th 1PM San Francisco time, 9pm UK time - The Live Q&A has now ended.

Thank you very much for joining, the session has now ended. Over the next few days we will post a topic with all the questions and answers from today’s Q&A here in the CC, so you have them to hand.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the Live Q&A session!

You may have seen our recent announcement telling you what this is all about, however as a quick recap, this is a live Q&A for our global community members with a member of the Airbnb team.

This is very exciting as it will be the first time we run a live Q&A in the Community Center. During the event on June 19th you will have the opportunity to be ask your questions to Airbnb’s Director of Product; Donna Boyer.

Donna

Here is some information about Donna:

Donna, is a self-confessed product geek obsessed with building smart technology. Donna started out at Harvard Business School where she researched the global economic impact of technology innovations. For over 20 years, she has focused on how to empower product teams to bring beauty and outstanding user experience into the digital world, leading product at Hyperion Solutions, Yahoo!, RMG Networks, Callaway Digital Arts and Blurb. At Airbnb, she leads the product team focused on the host experience. In addition to being an Airbnb Superhost, Donna is a mother of two and serves on the board of Girls in Tech, a non-profit focused on the engagement, education and empowerment of girls and women who are passionate about technology.

So how will this work?

The Q&A session will start at 12pm, PST/ 3PM EST/ 8PM BST on June 19th and it will be last for an hour. As soon as the session starts, hosts from throughout the Airbnb Community can post their questions to Donna in this thread. Donna will answer as many questions as she possibly can with the help of our team. You can post questions in these specific languages (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish) and our community managers will translate the questions (when they are not in English) so Donna can answer..

This thread is closed for new posts at the moment and it will open for your questions a few minutes before the session is due to start.

I am sure there will be lots of questions, so to make it easier for everyone taking part, we have created some handy guidelines to make sure the event runs smoothly and to maximise the number of questions we can answer.

Live Q&A Guidelines:

• Please, ask your questions here in this thread, otherwise we will not be able to see them and Donna will not receive them
  • You can ask several questions, but please try to ask only one question per post, this will help Donna to follow all of the questions being asked
  • Keep in mind the Community Center mentality, be respectful of the interviewee, members and their questions
  • We will answer as many questions as possible, however it may not be possible to answer everyone so please don’t post the same question repeatedly. This will not increase the chances of it being replied
  • Questions should be related to Donna’s role at Airbnb, this is a great opportunity to ask a senior member of the team questions so lets make the most of the time she's going to spend with us
  • During the session, Donna will be able to answer questions asked in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish with the help of the Community Managers across the six Community Center languages
  • Try and summarize your question as much as possible, this will save us time and allow for Donna to answer even more of your questions. You can formulate your questions before the Live Q&A session begins and post them once it starts

We look forward to seeing your questions and really hope you enjoy the Live Q&A.

Thank you,

Lizzie

Lese diesen Beitrag auf Deutsch:

Leia este tópico Portuguese:

Leggi questa discussione in italiano:

Lisez ce message en français:

Lee este hilo en Español:

238 Replies

Re: [Live Now!] Live Q&A with Donna Boyer, Director of Product

Level 5

@Bea0 wrote:

A message from Bea *- South of Athens in Greece // Hello Donna . We live since 2004 totally out of the Grid in Ecco friendly - 100% solar energy house - : Any thoughts to create a category for houses like ours in Airbnb site soon ? // * https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14350645?preview_for_ml

I love this idea,@Bea21!  I'm seeing a lot of listings these days that are off the grid, and it would be great to make these easier to find.  I'm excited to take this suggestion back to my team. 

Level 2

You are pioneers in many respects guys !  So again : "if you are not the lead dog the view never changes" So our 'country side' horizon will be covered totally  by utility /electrical poles and we, in the shadows of truth, will run out of cheap excuses for not acting  quicker on Global warming issues.

in
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Level 2

And this will be a slap on Trump's face!!! kkk 

Here, in the mountains of Rio de Janeiro, i have green roof so we do need so much airconditioning and also many plants! the linens are died in our hottest sun and took out the kitchen tap heater as it is no need in tropical countries, to wash dishes... our heating system is natural gas.

Level 2

I believe we can help you to create this category 

in
Vico D'elsa, Italy
Level 2

Buona sera, ho un paio di questioni da sottoporvi... vi contatto dall'Italia, gradirei avere chiarimenti riguardo alla nuova manovra del governo riguardo alla cedolare secca.

Sarà attiva a partire dal 1 luglio?

Come dobbiamo procedere?

Altra domanda: sono una vostra host da solo un anno ed ho lavorato prevalentemente con altre piattaforme di prenotazione on line.

Credo sarebbe importante avere contatti telefonici in italiano con vostri operatori per ogni dubbio o segnalazione. 

Esiste e sono io che non ne sono a conoscenza ?

Mi piace come lavorate e vorrei farlo con più frequenza, cos'è che manca alla mia struttura affinché possa diventare, perché no, un super host?

So di non avere molte recensioni e questo mi penalizza ma come posso fare per attirare l'attenzione del cliente?

Grazie mille per l'aiuto. Federica

questa è la mia struttura: https://www.airbnb.it/rooms/13315027

in
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Level 10

@ Federica, il numero italiano che io sappia è questo:  0699366533.

in
Vico D'elsa, Italy
Level 2

@Brux0 grazie mille!

in
Dublin, Ireland
Level 2

I've a question with regard to Inbox messages. Host/Travelling is incredible confusing and it's even more confusing on app if you get messages as a host and guest at the same time. Will we streamline these better eventually?

in
Cholula, Mexico
Level 10

Hi Donna, nice to hace you here with us: Is AirBnB planning to implement DIRECT eMail support (without using the Community where most answers are going to)?

Saludos
Michael

Level 5

@Michael0 wrote:

Hi Donna, nice to hace you here with us: Is AirBnB planning to implement DIRECT eMail support (without using the Community where most answers are going to)?

I'm glad you asked this,@Michael477.  We know it can be hard to reach our Customer Experience team.  We're committed to building systems to make it easier for hosts to reach us, including making our phone number and messaging easier for everyone to find.   I'm excited to share more updates with you on this soon. 

in
Cathedral City, CA
Level 3

When looking at messages from other hosts I see Level 1 - 6

What is this?

in
Cholula, Mexico
Level 10

Actually you can see 1...10, This is a kind of "expertise level" showing your activities/success in the Community

Saludos
Michael

in
Edmonton, Canada
Level 10

It really has nothing to do with expertise but more to do with the amount of involvement and the number of posts you do here on the CC.

in
Cholula, Mexico
Level 10

@Dave-and-Deb0: Have you tried to send 4000 posts without getting one kudo and one "preferred solution"? You should know better!

Saludos
Michael

in
Edmonton, Canada
Level 10

Yes, I don't think people know how to use those functions.