First Live Q&A with Donna Boyer, Director of Product

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

First Live Q&A with Donna Boyer, Director of Product

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to share some very exciting news with you. We will be hosting our first Live Q&A session, exclusively here in the Community Center on Monday, June 19th at 12pm PST (San Francisco time).

[To make sure you are aware in your different times zones: 3pm EST (New York time) / 8pm BST (London time) / 5am AEST (Sydney time-June 20th)]

You might be asking yourself, what is a Live Q&A? In simple words, a Live Q&A is a live online event in which members of our Community will have the opportunity to ask questions to an individual from Airbnb, basically like an interview. During the Live Q&A this person will try to answer as many questions as possible in the allocated time. Sounds exciting, no?

So, who will be our first guest for our Live Q&A? It’s going to be Donna Boyer 🙂

Donna

Donna is Director of Product at Airbnb where she leads the Product Team focused on host experience. In addition to being a Superhost, Donna is a mother of two and has spent over 20 years empowering product teams, leading product at Hyperion Solutions, Yahoo!, RMG Networks, Callaway Digital Arts and Blurb. Donna also serves on the board of Girls in Tech, a non-profit focused on the engagement, education and empowerment of girls and women who are passionate about technology.

The Live Q&A will be a global event across all our Communities, so if you see another member asking questions in a different language – don’t be surprised and enjoy the diversity of our Community. We’ll do our best to give you a provisional translation during the event, so that you are able to follow the discussion.

Take out your calendar and set a reminder to be part of our first Live Q&A session, which is going to take place on Monday, June 19th at 12pm PST (please see above for a guide on what time this is in different timezones). Don’t miss it! 🙂

The following link will bring you directly to our Live Thread. Please note that the Live Thread will only be open for questions when the Q&A starts.

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

93 Replies 93

yup, completely missed this announcement 2 weeks ago.... thank you for posting again today

Me, too! Completely missed it.

All I keep on askijng is a direct e mail adress that i can contact if need be.

But it is non excistent.

I am not happy

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Thnks for the remind @Lizzie

Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

Thanks, @Lizzie!

For those of us who can't participate in real time, will the questions and answers be posted somewhere as an archive?

This may be getting a bit creative........... but I'm wondering if there is anyone in the community who would be willing to post questions provided by those who can't attend?

Jude

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jude7,

Sorry to not get to you sooner. Yes, although the live thread will close once the session on Monday has finished the questions and answers will remain, afterwards we will make it easier to view these.

I think this is a great idea, if you can't make the time of the Q&A please do ask a fellow host to do so on your behalf (they don't necessarily have to be an regular here to post and get involved). I know you and other members of the community regularly have product related questions and this is a great opportunity to ask these, so I really want us to take full advance of this.

I am sure it is going to be a really interesting event. Hopefully you can make it though. 🙂 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you, @Lizzie, for that personal reply!

So here's the question perhaps someone can ask on my behalf - 

I'd like to know if there are any plans for a sort function when searching for listings as a guest?

the most important sort feature I'd like to see, both as a guest and a host, is the ability to sort results by price and ratings.

its very frustrating to me as a guest to have to scroll through pages and pages of results to find what I am looking for. I want to be able to search for the most highly rated property at the lowest price. Doesn't everyone?

I have gone and booked hotels rather than Airbnb when I've had limited time because of the awkwardness of the search feature, when I would have preferred an Airbnb. Obviously this hurts good hosts who are buried in the search results. I can't find you!

If anyone would like to post this question during the live event, please let me know.

Jude

I am very disappointed  with this company .

Have been registered with you for over a year and not guest WHY ????

Ms. Monika ***

Pindari House Bed and Breakfast

[Personal information hidden]

Well, I don't know why that is, but I can tell you that the link on the bottom of your posting does not work...

Thanks!!!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

MST did not get a mention, I am hurt!

David
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww sorry @David126 🙂 

Just for you, 1pm MDT.

I hope you will be able to join in. Are you thinking of some good questions? 🙂

--------------------

I will be painting next Monday, adding more rooms, but now I know it is 1pm will break late for lunch, might be able to come up with some questions....

David
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw fantastic @David126. Looking forward to hearing your questions.

Oo your renovation project sounds exciting. I am sure you will have earned a nice long lunch break, we don't mind if you have a sandwich in your hand at the same time! hehe 🙂

--------------------