Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lizzie | A big thank you!

Thank you.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. 

In 2015 the Community Center (CC) was launched at the Airbnb Open in Paris and I became the Community Manager of this English speaking community. It was just me then and it's safe to say the CC looked considerably different to how it does now! 

Fast forward 7 years, 1.2 million members later, 1.5 millions posts later, 5 Months of Celebrations, 2 Festivals of Hospitality, many community spotlights, many many online meetups, many many many Airbnb updates later, so many supportive and helpful discussions, a few milestone baked cakes and even being lucky enough to meet some of you in person @Robin4 @Alexandra316 @Lawrene0 @Ann72 @Paul1255 @Gordon0  (plus so much more)...we get to August 2022. There has been many great moments together, laughter, tears and memories that will last with me forever, I really have met so many incredible people in our community here. 

Along the way I have been joined by an amazing team of community managers and I'm sure you will agree with me when I say you are in great hands every day. 

In light of this, I feel like it's a fantastic time to pass the baton over and so I've decided to leave the Airbnb community team and move on to my next community adventure outside of Airbnb. My last day will be at the end of this week. 

I want to take this opportunity to say a MASSIVE thank you to you all for everything you contribute to the life of the community here and for the support you have shown me and others over the past 7 years. To sound a little soppy, you all make our community what it is and I look forward to seeing where the CC develops over the next few years. Exciting times ahead. I also wish you all the best with hosting and meeting some great guests. 

Thank you again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

42 Replies 42
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lizzie  You set the tone of the Community with your lovely and welcoming spirit and I'll always feel that here.  Our meeting in London remains with me as a favorite memory, and I hope our paths cross again in real life one day.  I'm sure everyone you work with will miss you terribly, and while that kind of loss is always part of change, it's great to hear you're embarking on a new venture.  Big hug to you and your family!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw thank you @Ann72 for your lovely comment here. It has been so fantastic getting to know you over the years. 

I remember our meeting in London, such a great afternoon. We were very well behaved with our cups of tea 🙂 

I so hope our paths will cross again and I'm still hopeful we will get our social meetup crew in person meetup we always talked about, oh what fun that would be! If it ever happens, count me in! Lawrene, Debra, @Clara116@Jessica-and-Henry0@Cathie19@Christine615@Yuan100@Marissa107@Roberta2... (sorry if I've missed anyone here). 

Wishing you all the best and big hugs back to you. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

20220818_160708.jpg

@Lizzie 

I felt so sad when I first heard your latest news. But I am so happy for you. Changing work roles always feels BIG.

Airbnb has played a big role in building my self confidence and sense of self worth and competency. It has also demonstrated so many ways to enjoy life and make brave decisions. You've been part of that and I thank you.

I've included an image of the afternoon outlook from the location of my new job role. I know the courage to make this change has its origins in my Airbnb journey and the Community you have facilitated with such grace and wisdom.

Wishing you the best in your new role too. 

Congratulations on making a brave decision to take on a new challenge, may it bring you much happiness and success.

Best regards from Christine B.

Umm….. what she (@Ann72) said! 😘

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lizzie,

Best wishes for you and your family as you move onto other ventures.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Debra300, this is super kind of you. I hope all is well with you. I've really enjoyed speaking with you in the CC and in our socials. 

Wishing you all the best 🙂 

--------------------

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Oh, @Lizzie , you'll be missed! It was so good meeting you when you were in Toronto. You are a bright light, and whoever is getting you is lucky indeed!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It was so great meeting you in Toronto @Lawrene0 , was that in 2019? Wow, it really doesn't feel that long. I still have the lovely little paddle you gave me, it's on my car keyring and it makes me think of you whenever I see it! 🙂 

I've always enjoyed hearing about your amazing stories and your travels. I really hope we meet again in the future. 

--------------------

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Dear @Lizzie , thank you so much for building this community, for moderating, for suggesting, and for contributing. And we will miss the lovely meetups with you!

Have a good time, and best to your family!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Till-and-Jutta0. I know we've known each other for most of the time the CC has been here, even though you were mainly posting in the DE CC at the beginning. Thank you for everything you have contributed over the years and it's amazing you are now a HAB member. It was lovely to see you in the meetups too. 

Best of luck with everything ahead and keep up the good work. 🙂 

Lizzie

--------------------

Wow! @Lizzie You have been such a bright light for this community and you will be sorely missed. I’m a big misty eyed about it. But do stay in touch! You know my email.

You helped build us as a community, and I have new lifelong friends because of it. Godspeed on your new journey! I look forward to watching you soar in your new endeavor.

Best wishes to you and your family. ❤️❤️❤️ 

…and what she ( @Christine615 ) said! X 😘

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww thank you @Christine615 for your kind words, your message made me misty eyed, hehe. 🙂 

It's been amazing getting to know you over the years and we've had many laughs together. I remember writing up your Community Spotlight and just thinking, wow what an incredible woman.

It would be lovely to keep in touch–maybe I can join a meetup as an honorary member too! 

Take care and best wishes to your family too. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie Awwwww Lizzie - Dear sweet Lizzie - you have been such a huge part of so many of our worlds of hosting and navigating hosting's many ins and out. You added direction for so many with the CC and your team of very fun, amazing folks. 

And then during the darkest days of the Pandemic you and our meet ups were huge in adding an important stronghold of folks all joining in, laughing, grouching, playing and just sharing what's up in our small worlds together- drawing us somehow closer although we were so clearly far away and separated from each other and others in our lives - I'll be grateful for that forever. 

For so many when we think CC we think Lizzie right away - as you journey on may you be filled with love, peace and great joys each day - you etched a spot in our worlds, lives and hearts and we will remember you and wish ALL the best and finest for you Lizzie and your sweet family. 

Big hugs, big smiles & big hearts say farewell - until we meet again dearest.

THANK YOU Lizzie 🙂 

Clara