New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250
Karen1322
Level 1
Langlois, OR

Hi everyone! I’m a relatively new host, launched this June, but also the proud owner of theHideout in Langlois Or. I built our little space with my own two hands 🙂 (plus a bit of help with crummy jobs like lugging concrete up and down hills and post hole digging). I’ve been an Airbnb guest for years and my first stay ever at a tiny (yet AHMAZING) BNB in San Jose sparked an idea for a way to meet many new, happy people and maybe make a good living at it! Years later I found myself in the position to make an investment in myself, it was that or back to the time clock (and I’m just not that guy!!) and so I picked a spot in my little paradise of woods and built a platform for the perfect little canvass tent I’d been eyeing for years. I’m fortunate to live in a great tourism niche market, right off the 101 across the highway from the Pacifc Ocean. Having our rental has also allowed me to make our farmstead profitable, part of our set up is grass eating goats! They clear meadows so we don’t have to use machines and in turn we get awesome fertilizer and eventually a few good nanny milking goats to sell to other locals later. People love having tea with the goats 💚

DC1A5D19-099E-4604-B4F4-CBB1C220E69A.jpeg

7E42DB7F-CCE3-4701-8333-9FE23C35B375.jpeg

7003F458-EECF-4562-8C4F-B8FF6902123F.jpeg

Hosting has been such a positive experience for me as I’ve been able to meet all sorts of different people and still provide seclusion and a brilliant escape from the buzzing cities around us. Having used to commute around six hours a day just to get a leg up in the race myself, I could have appreciated something like this...and so I provide hammocks with ocean views. 

Its nice to meet you, I’m Karen 

Andrea2090
Level 2
Tequesta, FL

I am Andrea and we have a lovely little cabin in Waynesville, NC. I am fairly new to being a host and we bought this home specifically to pursue this. I am not as happy as I'd like to be with the volume of bookings generated with AirBNB and hope to learn more to increase that and make a great guest stay. I love what I am doing and love that this is an industry with others that I can communicate with and grow together. 

Elaine299
Level 1
Cherry Hill, NJ

I'm not sure, what is the purpose of this inter-communication?  Elaine

To get answers from other hosts who may know or share their knowledge to inquiries.  Being surprised by information you had not anticipated needing.

Lien-and-Khanh0
Level 2
Hanoi, Vietnam

Hi everyone ,

We’re Lien & Khanh , a couple love to travel around the world , from Hanoi, Vietnam . We work in hospitality industry. We’re new hosts in this community. This is our listing : 

http://airbnb.com/rooms/29140785

Please take a look and give me some advices if smt is not ok . And we would love to welcome you to our apartment when you have a trip to Hanoi so please add us . Nice to meet you ,guys . 

Your place looks very nice!  I love the plant pictures with the real plants underneath, very creative!  I have always wanted to come to VietNam, now I know where to stay. I'm in Lexington, KY, "Horse Capital of the World" and have an AirBnB room on my small horse farm.  If you ever come to this area, please stop inl

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15909270?preview_for_ml=true

Lisa1339
Level 2
Liverpool, United Kingdom

Hi Everyone of the world,

Greetings from Liverpool, England, home of many many world firsts and of course those four famed lads from down the road (not a fan myself but hey ho) ha ha.  Hope everyone is happy to be a part of this community as I am, it's such a fantastic idea, can't believe I've not long learned about Airbnb - just where have I been all this time exactly! ha ha.  Great site, great people, great idea.  Glad to be a apart of it all.  Bye for now xxxx

Hello Everyone

Regards.

Me Savdas **from Hiran Holidays, Sasan Gir, Gujarat(India). It is great to be with you all, I like to meet the people from all around the world. Our place 'Hiran Holidays" is right on the bank of river Hiran, the life line of Gir(the last abode of Asiatic Lion). The river merges in to the Arabean. I belong to a GIR based traditional farmer family employed in farming since many generations, engaged in farming of mangoes, sugarcanes, groundnuts, bananas, grains and vegetables. We have seen the graceful nature very closely and have experienced hardships of nature too. 

The establishment of “HIRAN HOLIDAYS” is made with a motive to provide an opportunity to the people living in city life to enjoy the beauty of pure nature while having the comfort of staying at home. This is reflected in our epigraph home to happiness”. Our guest can also have close look at farm activity.

Since the property is located outside the SASAN town, near the forest border, the guests are often rewarded by sights of wildlife. Occasionally, the main attraction of GIR- the pride of Lions are spotted in the river and if luck favors, guests can comfortably watch them. In addition to this there are myriad of birds – seasonal migratory and resident, can be seen on the farm land. To name a few, Lora, Tickle’s blue fly catcher, white eyes, Fantail, Owlets, Honey Beggared, Paradise fly catcher and many more.

I have only four rooms right now for renting and planning to add some more in future. Myself serving as a Professor of Mathematics in college of Science, My brother helps me to manage hosting and looks after guests. Very happy to join you all. Looking forward to meet you all through community centre.

Thanks 

Savdas **

If anything is missing, please guide me.

Hello Everyone

I , Savdas Lakhnotra, have been hosting for four years and love it. Ours is a kind of agro/farm tourism in Sasan Gir(Gujarat, India), the last abode of Asiatic Lion. 

We are a GIR based traditional farmer family employed in farming since many generations, engaged in farming of mangoes, sugarcanes, groundnuts, bananas, grains and vegetables. We have seen the graceful nature very closely and have experienced hardships of nature too.

The establishment of “HIRAN HOLIDAYS” is made with a motive to provide an opportunity to the people living in city life to enjoy the beauty of pure nature while having the comfort of staying at home. This is reflected in our epigraph home to happiness”. Our guest can also have close look at farm activity.

The property “HIRAN HOLIDAYS”  stands amidst pleasant farm land, on the bank of river “HIRAN”, the life line of GIR. The place is at the village “BHALCHHEL”, near SASAN GIR. There are four non-AC rooms with attached toilets. The rooms offer relatively clear view of the surrounding. The moments of Sunrise and Sunset makes the stay memorable.

I am  Super Host airbnb'ner. Beside this I am working as a professor of Mathematics in college of Science at Nadiad,Gujarat(India). I love to travel, read and meet different people of the globe. My favourite city is New York(but I haven't been there yet). My brother helps me to manage all.

I amfor the very first time here and would like to communicate with you all.

With Lots of love and hoping to have quality time with you all. 

Joy243
Level 2
Johnson City, TN

Hello,

I am in the process of preparing part of my second home for hosting.  Frankly, I am somewhat nervous as I read some of the posts and discussion regarding problems hosts have had with guests, as well as AirBnB. 

My rental is located in a small town in Upper East Tennessee, where we live part time.  When we are not there I want to rent out part of it. Any direction for a newb host would be helpful. 🙂

Mohd-Shamsuri0
Level 2
Langkawi, Malaysia

Hi everyone,

We started this business since April 2014. Tokman Inn is from my father's name. He fully supports my husband to set up an accommodation service on Langkawi Island. So Tokman Inn is our love for our late father.

Marcia229
Level 2
Douglasville, GA

Thanks so much for welcoming me to the world of Super Host.

Denise429
Level 2
North Carolina, United States

Hi Marcia!  I was just in Doublasville about 2 months ago. My close girfriend brother has a house there that is really cute and would be great as an AirBnB!  I would have to talk her into it though!  His house is located right off the interstate...literally!

All the best to you.  How did you become a Super Host and How long did it take?  CONGRATULATIONS!

Denise

Ash51
Level 4
Toronto, Canada

Hey Friends,

I am in Toronto, Canada. I just started hosting since November 2018 and I am already very impressed with couple of initial guests. Toronto is a great city. People come here from around the world and also from other cities of the country. They need affordable accommodation. I believe in shared economy and find that Airbnb is a great platform both economically and technologically.

With my house location close to public transit systems (subway and bus); I am hoping to get guests. 

Personally, I work fulltime at a local hospital (5-minute drive) with computers. My wife also works part-time for the same hospital. We have two kids - 15 and 8. One of them is computer-friendly and another is human-friendly. 🙂

I look forward to get connected with Airbnb hosting peers through this community.

Cheers!

Ash

Cavel0
Level 3
Rhode Island, United States

Hi, I am cavel, I am the owner of a villa in Ocho Rios Jamaica. I am a mother  and a grandmother.  Look forward to sharing my experiences and learning from your group