How to improve your listing

How to improve your listing

hi, hosts! i wanted to discuss with you ways to make our listings be worth more! For years i rented apartments in New York City and in Milan, I would like to share with you tips and to invite you to share yours!

1. write your best value in the title. does your place has a pool? do you have a free parking on the property? is your place a historically or artistically special? write it in the title!
  2. choose amenities based on your target! it’s important to target your best customer with a special offer. are you renting a quite place for couples? then you can add aromatic sticks and herbal teas samples, wine glasses etc. are you close to business centers and have working area for remote workers? let them know the speed of your wifi, that you have a printer and basic office supplies. do you target art lovers? be sure to place brochures from local galleries and concert calendars!
  3. make your space more valuable by art! i personally noticed that mural art i made led to more booking requests! and i did it for other hosts too. if the place is not just a place to sleep in, but an experience of style - it makes a difference! paintings, statues, other art objects can speak to your target about your city, it’s history and values. it can be a good way to increase the value of your listing.
  4. ask for personal feedback before you ask to leave a review. this might seems a waste of time but i did noticed it’s not! a tenant that sees you want to make the renting experience for them better are more likely to reveal what you can actually improve. and if your tenant is unhappy with something it’s better to catch that information before they are writing a public review. many times in my experience i was able yo offer an easy fix to their struggle and solved it. that led to good reviews as well from those who originally wouldn’t leave a good one.

those are tips that i wanted to share with you! does it resonate with your experience? did you try any of it? do you want to share yours? Let me know! Let’s share!
[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

9 Replies 9
Anne13646
Level 2
Stuart, FL

Hi Yulia,

Thank you for sharing these helpful  tips with the community!  We’re always looking for ways to improve and grow.

Wishing you continued success.

With appreciation,

Anne

Cesar787
Level 2
North Bergen, NJ

oh wow too many things that i did not have on mind thank you for this info.

Carolyn916
Level 2
Pittsfield, MA

Very useful, Yulia! Thanks.

Muslim4
Level 6
Almaty, Kazakhstan

Thank you! Working on improving my listing.

@Yulia102 Thank you for sharing, very helpful!

@Yulia102 Thanks for sharing, great tips especially number 4.   

Bob1314
Level 2
Bellingham, WA

@Yulia102 Thank you for sharing these's idea's.  Your mention of "make your space more valuable by art" is a great idea.  When I stay somewhere I really enjoy that experience.  

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Yulia102 👋

Thank you so much for sharing this information. You've helped a lot of Hosts who have thanked you below 🤗 

We can't wait to see what you share next! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sharon1898
Level 1
Tower Isle, Jamaica

@Yulia102 Thanks for your helpful tips