Registering your Airbnb in Massachusetts

Registering your Airbnb in Massachusetts

Hello to register your listing with mass tax connect do the following:

1.log onto masstaxconnect.com

2.create an account (you will need to make a username and create a pin. You will need to give your social security number contact telephone number, address and  the amount of your last refund from the state of Massachusetts, not your federal amount.) You will receive an email that confirms your request to create an online account. After this nothing happened for me so i logged on to masstaxconnect a week later and selected in the log on to my account section, the forgot my password button. I thin entered my username and it prompted me to change my password (which I never had the opportunity to this point to create), then successfully created a password after receiving a verification text which I entered in.

3. Log onto your account using your username and the password you just created.

4.In the right margin, click on add an account type

5.Click on room occupancy consolidation

6.answer questions after entering in your address and having it verified, regarding your type of rental.

7. hopefully once you click on submit you will receive a confirmation email of your request and get a certificate of registration number which starts with a c and is 10 digits.

Hope that helps as I sort of had to figure this out on my own!

10 Replies 10
Daniel9167
Level 1
Boston, MA

Hi @Kim2295 ! Your post was very helpful, thank you! I just summited and received a confirmation request. Curious to know how long did it take you to receive the certificate number (c and is 10 digits) after you added your account in MassTaxConnect?

Katie1255
Level 1
Massachusetts, United States

Hi Daniel! Also wondering how long it took to receive the certificate number? (c + 10 #s) after you added account? Any luck? 

Thanks!

Katie 

I too submitted and still waiting....can't see anywhere how long this takes...anyone have a time frame of when they received an email indicating it had been set up?

Karen3419
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I just created my masstaxconnect account for the first time, using the address of my new Mass. property, and I've logged back in to add on the room occupancy consolidation, and I don't see a "right margin" with room occupancy consolidation even though my account was confirmed. Any thoughts about that? - Karen

Oh... I have figured this out.

@Karen3419 How did you figure this out? I'm still struggling with this.

@Karen3419 I am having the same issue. How did you figure it out?

Tanushree3
Level 1
New York, NY

Hi all! My husband and I are trying to register with Mass Tax connect for our airbnb too. What type of an account did you create? Was it "Register a business" or "Register an Individual"? Also, if business, how long did it take for you to create your FEIN?

Adam1963
Level 2
Salem, MA

@Kim2295 I received my confirmation email for room occupancy consolidated but my account number starts with ROC then eight numbers, a dash, and then three more numbers.

its not in the form Airbnb wants

is there a way too correct this?

@Adam1963 Did they eventually send you a certificate number after the temporary ROC?