3 Day Notice

Elizabeth321
Level 1
Baton Rouge, LA

3 Day Notice

I set up a 3 day notice on my account (I want to have time to clean and give myself a break in between guests!) but this week I've recieved at least 3 requests for stays either that day or the following day.  Is this a common theme?  Do people usually not give you much of a heads up??  I hate to be loosing out on money, but I can't approve a request at 6 am, go to work, get home at 4, and welcome a guest at 4:30!  

6 Replies 6
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Depends on the area.  Many of my guests are short-notice guests requesting for this week or next week.  Other people who are in vacation destinations get people reserving a year in advance.

And why not welcome a guest at 4:30 if you get home at 4:00? (Presuming the room is already ready.)

There are 2 different Reservation Preferences settings that I think need clarity here:  First, there is a the "Preparation Time" which will automatically block off days before and after a reservation to give you a break between guests.  

Then there is the "Advanced Notice" preference which says someone must give you so many days notice for a reservation.  If you have the box checked that says: 

For Instant Book hosts: Allow guests to send reservation requests without advance notice., 

then your listing is still showing up in search results for same day reservations but without the ability to IB.  That means they can send you a reservation request.  If you don't want to get reservation requests unless you are being given 3 days notice, uncheck this box.  

NOTE THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS WRONG - cannot edit or remove

If you have selected "Advanced Notice" but also check the box below that says "allow for Instant book", your property will show up for qualified Instant book guests (depending on what level of guest requirements you've set) to be able to book 

UP TO MIDNIGHT OF THE SAME DAY.  

Let me repeat, that your property won't just show up in search so that it can be requested, if the seeking guest meets your IB qualifications, they can book.  You do not have the option to also create same day cut off hours. So someone who qualifies can book at 11:50pm and expect to show up that night.  

This means only guests who do not meet your guest qualifications can request to book but you property will not show up in search if it is within the Advanced Notice timeframe.  They may still be able to find you and request, but if they qualify for IB and you have checked the box, they can book even within your Advanced Notice timeframe.  

Uncheck the box if you really want to have Advance Notice and not take reservations within that timeframe if you use IB.  

Oscar102
Level 1
Gland, Switzerland

Hi,

I have the 2 days notice period setup so that I have time to prepare the flat (I'm sure the setup is correct since I just checked).

Today is April the 6th and I just received a reservation request for check-in on April the 7th! How is that possible?

I had to reject the booking and I think it was totally avoidable.

Any suggestions? Am I getting it wrong by thinking that the earliest allowed booking request should start on the 8th?

Thanks in advance,

Oscar

@Oscar102  I dont see that you even have an active listing on your profile, so I'm not able to look at how your calendar set up.  My initial throughts are that guests can still REQUEST to stay - they just can't INSTANTLY book.  A guest can send a request for any day that's not blocked off on your calendar.  It's up to you to accept or decline.

@Cynthia-and-Chris1 - I'm currently working on a Tutorial about this feature - see my note above.  Went round and round with the Dev team to get it sorted.  Will post soon.