A guests desperate acts for a refund

Jeanette26
Level 1
Orlando, FL

A guests desperate acts for a refund

A guest had to cancel last minute and she contacted me and told me about her situation. I told her to cancel through the site. I was waiting for a message from Airbnb and I was willing to give her a full refund due to her circumstances. Then I received a message from Airbnb saying that the guest said she had a problem to check in and that I had not replied to her and that if I didn't take care of the situation she would get a full refund. Well, she was suppose to arrive tomorrow! I would think that the Airbnb system should know the booking date for the person. What is upsetting is that she is inventing things to get out of the reservation. Now I don't know what to do.

1 Reply 1
Jonathan6
Level 10
Mamaroneck, NY

It's your call on a refund (depending on your policy).  You need to make sure you are communicating through ABnB this way the conversations are documented.  If a dispute was openend than answer it and explain.  You should be contacting ABnB directly by phone to call out the guest.

BTW: You did the right thing having them request the cancellation, you get dinged and the dates are blocked out if you cancel.