Accessibility for physically limited/handicap guests

Felira0
Level 1
Washington, DC

Accessibility for physically limited/handicap guests

I had a recent guest that really was looking for a home that had easy access for people with physical limitations, e.g. going up stairs, slipping on carpets.  I think it would be great for Airbnb to include a check box for hosts to indicate that their home is can accomodate people with limited physical abilities. More detailed items could be ramps, no stairs, walk-in shower, handles/grips in showers/bathtubs, doors wide enough for wheelchairs to get through.

This way people can more easily search for places when traveling with people who have trouble with stairs and using bathrooms.

4 Replies 4

These options already exist in the "Amenities" section. You can point out that you have step-free access, wide doors, wide access to toilet and tub.... check it out.
Ken28
Level 10
Newburgh, IN

@Felira0@Alice-and-Jeff0

I had those options for a while, but I haven't seen them lately. It's like they got removed again? Where do you see these options in your interface?

@Felira0, @Ken0 - they can be found by navigating: Manage Listing - Listing Details - Amenities - Accessibility You can note how your property is Accessible.
Nancy400
Level 2
Tremont, ME

I agree! I think if you look under your listing and edit accomodations there is a place where you can check off various accomodations.