Airbnb voucher about to expire

Anne160
Level 2
Gresham, United Kingdom

Airbnb voucher about to expire

Hello,

I have a $200 airbnb voucher which is due to expire soon. Do I just need to book and pay for a trip before the expiry date, and the travel dates could be after the voucher expiry date, or do I need to have made the trip before the voucher expiry date?

Thanks,

Anne

5 Replies 5
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Anne0.

I‘m not sure if I’m misreading your query, but I used my voucher to pay for accommodation. 

Usually travel is arranged before accommodation so you have the correct dates. 

If travelling by air,  you could organise accommodation in advance, prior to booking flights.

If not going somewhere where it will be high season or always in demand, then if your flight travel is out by a day or two, you can send a request to change accommodation to add the extra dates. 

However, depending on your location, there is always a risk that could lead to having a night in “the stables,” so to speak! 

Just when you book the accommodation, let the host know you are paying with a voucher ... if there are any complications, or changes in plans.

Airbnb will alter the difference in charges between the voucher and the total cost. It runs smoothly at checkout.

Hope this helps.

🙂

Cathie

Anne160
Level 2
Gresham, United Kingdom

Hi Cathie,

Maybe that was a bit ambiguous. The voucher is for accommodation booked via airbnb. The voucher expires in July. Can I book accommodation now and pay for it using the voucher, for a trip say in August? Or does the trip have to be in July before the voucher expires?

Anne

I have the same question, did anyone know the answer?

Anne160
Level 2
Gresham, United Kingdom

Hi Tom,

You can book before it expires and travel after the expiry date

Emma2043
Level 1
Wales, GB

I booked accommodation using  an Air B&B voucher, but have had to cancel due to the Coronavirus and travel restrictions. It expires in April, before travel restrictions are likely to be lifted. Can I use it to book for later in the year?